By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My PC is infected

just wondering can anybody help me out.

my pc has gotten infected and i dont seem to be able to get rid of it.

i have downloaded some antispyware programmes on my laptop onto cd but when i put them in it is saying unable to load, windows in safe mode also when i go to restore it is not allowing me acess to my restore function.   

every time i start my pc insects start crawling across the screen eating at my shortcuts but it is only a screensaver it has put in as when you touch the mouse they go and the shortcuts go back to normal.

it has also changed my wallpaper to a blue screen with the words warning spyware detected on your computer install an anti virus or spyware remover to clean your computer. 

it also removed my macafee anti virus programme.,

all in all a nasty piece of work

i was wondering has anybody else gotten this on their pc an if they did maybe they could reccomend a programme i could purchase thanks in advance.

reask

Around the Network

and how exactly did you get this Trojan?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Follow this simple procedure...

Download spyware detector to find trojan
Put computer into safe mode
Delete trojan

Happy times!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

colonelstubbs said:
Follow this simple procedure...

Download spyware detector to find trojan
Put computer into safe mode
Delete trojan

Happy times!

my problem is it wont let me go online colonel i have put in 2 programmes on cd from my laptop but when i go to install them it comes up unable to install windows in safe mode.

why does everyone think anti-spyware tools will find trojans? they don't, they only remove adware and spyware! you need anti-virus software, such as AVG or ClamAV to detect a trojan/virus.

At this point, the safest thing to do is back up all your important documents, and reinstall windows.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network

@ssj12
i think my daughter opened a dodgy e mail by mistake last sunday

@omgwtfbbq
the annoying thing is i have or should i say had mac a fee anti virus on my pc which was constantly updating itself.
yesterday when i put on my pc mac a fee said you have a trojan restart your pc and scan it.
i did that and everything was fine then today when i put it in this had happened .
i actually think it was not macafee but the trojan that was doing that yesterday because it has actually removed macafee from my pc.

omgwtfbbq said:
why does everyone think anti-spyware tools will find trojans? they don't, they only remove adware and spyware! you need anti-virus software, such as AVG or ClamAV to detect a trojan/virus.

At this point, the safest thing to do is back up all your important documents, and reinstall windows.

they do.

I had a trojan, the anti-spyware located the three files causing the problem, i put the laptop in safe mode and hey presto.

I used SPYHUNTER 3 and it worked a treat.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Wow, insects on the screen and all? That sucks. I would just try every anti virus known to man, and if that doesn't work, back up your important files and reinstall Windows.

A fresh Windows reformat feels nice every once in a while anyway.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I will echo the sentiments of others and say "reinstall windows".

Or, install linux.