By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony paying for exclusives

I think the big problem is that the price of going exclusive has to have gone up. Last generation being exclusive to the PS2 was nothing to many developers since the other consoles held much smaller percentages of the market. Now it will depend on the game. If it is a JRPG, Sony wouldn't have to pay much to make it exclusive unless the game is also Wii friendly. If it is an action game or FPS, expect that it would be cost prohibitive to get them to go exclusive since those games would have a large amount of their sales on the 360.

I give this thread a 9.3.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
I think the big problem is that the price of going exclusive has to have gone up. Last generation being exclusive to the PS2 was nothing to many developers since the other consoles held much smaller percentages of the market. Now it will depend on the game. If it is a JRPG, Sony wouldn't have to pay much to make it exclusive unless the game is also Wii friendly. If it is an action game or FPS, expect that it would be cost prohibitive to get them to go exclusive since those games would have a large amount of their sales on the 360.

I give this thread a 9.3.

lool,do you go around and give people's threads scores?

if they spend it on well-known  franchises it's good.as they say,you should fight fire with fire.

konnichiwa said:
Haha Rocketpig's avatar XD....

It's Emo Friday!

I'm so depressed right now. Maybe I should go write some poetry.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
konnichiwa said:

It's Emo Friday!

Just go play MGS2.  That will be all deep thinking you need.

I give that post a 9.8.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

superchunk said:
nope. exclusives kinda suck.

Plus, they would have to be paying a lot to keep it only on the PS3 given that the cost for producing a big HD game is high and they would be cutting off large market of PC/360.

Whereas with 360 when they buy exclusives they also allow PC.

I think every big game should be produced to the best of its ability on every machine.

if they pay for the exclusive it means they pay for development costs. PC doesnt count for the console market so it doesnt matter if say Resistance was released on PC. It would be Insomniac's choice to release it. The release wouldn't effect the console market.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
rocketpig said:
konnichiwa said:

It's Emo Friday!

Just go play MGS2. That will be all deep thinking you need.

I give that post a 9.8.

I'm feeling so postmodern right now that it hurts.

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE! 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I like exclusives, because most of the time they are better developed and look nicer etc, because they were only designed for the PS3

it does'nt matter,if its a good exclusivities so whats wrong with that

Sony need to stop trying to buy EVERY SINGLE EXCLUSIVE

Lair, Haze, Killzone...

They should focus on the proven winners, the MGS, FF and GTs of the world

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

they need to buy HALO, thats it...