By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony paying for exclusives

nope. exclusives kinda suck.

Plus, they would have to be paying a lot to keep it only on the PS3 given that the cost for producing a big HD game is high and they would be cutting off large market of PC/360.

Whereas with 360 when they buy exclusives they also allow PC.

I think every big game should be produced to the best of its ability on every machine.

Around the Network

Depends on which exclusives.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Why do you care if something is exclusive or not?

You should only care if the game goes to a console you own or it doesn't, not whether said game also goes to a competing console.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It's a good move. It will bring even more quality games only to the PS3.

MGS4!

As a guess I would say that Sony was given a pretty tough wake-up call ...

Microsoft has never been too proud to buy exclusives and it was even rumored that they paid to have games ported from the PS2 to the XBox (and for Gamecube ports not to be made). When you combine that with the Wii's popularity and Wii development not being well suited to cross platform games it means that there is very few development resources available (that would be willing to volunteer) to produce exclusive PS3 projects.

Around the Network

On a site not dedicated to console sales I would wholy agree with you Rocket. But we are on a site dedicated to console sales, and exclusives can help a console do better, even if only marginally, and we all want to see our favorite console do better.

superchunk said:
nope. exclusives kinda suck.

Plus, they would have to be paying a lot to keep it only on the PS3 given that the cost for producing a big HD game is high and they would be cutting off large market of PC/360.

Whereas with 360 when they buy exclusives they also allow PC.

I think every big game should be produced to the best of its ability on every machine.

I think this is one of those times were bribing is a goood thing.  More exclusives for the PS3=more great games

PDF said:
rocketpig said:
Why do you care if something is exclusive or not?

You should only care if the game goes to a console you own or it doesn't, not whether said game also goes to a competing console.

As a Sony fanboy, I want sony to win the "console wars" against MS and this will help with that.

I do understand the nice idea of let all the games be on everyplatform so then everyone can play them, but we dont live in that world. If MS is gonna buy exclusives I expect my console of choice to do the same.

Fair enough.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I think that money would be better spent on their own studios and IPs.

Paying to make sure something does not go exclusive to other consoles is different though.

Haha Rocketpig's avatar XD....