By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Deal : $299 ($399 40GB + $100 Gift Card) at Wal-Mart

I'm normally not a fan of Gift Card, but since its a Wal-Mart gift card, thats practically cash since I always shop there for food :D

So here are some details:

Limited Time Deal: June 8th-15th
Gift Card for $100
Link to the Deal at Wal-Mart

Now there is some confusion, some sources (Here & Here) that are saying its a Blu-Ray Gift Card, but as you can see from Wal-Mart itself (Can't get much official then that) its a normal Gift Card.

To me, this sounds like an amazing deal until the holidays (Excluding MGS4 bundle)

Edit: Also, (I'm pretty sure) if you apply for a Sony Credit Card they give you $100 on your first purchase...Which would theoretically bring the PS3 to $199 ha...But hey, I might be wrong on this one...

Around the Network

Note that this isn't a PS3 for $299, it's a PS3 for $399 where you get a $100 gift card after purchase (meaning you can't use it on the PS3).

But as Matt said, Wal-Mart is a grocery store too (though their quality on fruit and veggies sucks) so it might as well be cash. Just make sure you're ready for a $399 hit in the wallet and not a $299.

Good find!

Nice.

RIGHT HERE AND NOW I AM SAYING THIS DEAL WILL CAUSE PS3 TO HAVE A LARGER INCREASE THAN GTA4 DID!!

Fear the power of Wal-Mart.

EDIT: Obviously I am only talking about NA. 

twestern, your absolutly right, I hope I didn't decieve anyone into thinking you pay $299, was simply trying to say since its a giftcard at Wal-Mart, thats basically cash back :D

but your right...Sorry in advance anyone

Edit #1: Plus, if your buying a PS3...I'm pretty sure most people will be buying a couple games or controller/hdmi cables,etc, so those accessories would be paid by that gift card :D

Edit #2: I just text some of my buddies, got 2 people thatll be buying a PS3 now regardless that its a WalMart gift card :D

What increase.....seriously people is this even relevant?? in NA??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I certainly doubt this will have a significant effect on PS3 sales, i only created the thread trying to help anyone looking for a deal :D

no effect? Then what's the purpose of doing a sale if it is not to drive sales?

I think there will be a bump in sales for this time frame that are larger by % to GTA4's small bump in North American charts.

@superchunk

lol....no way will that happen

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Keyword in my post "Significant effect"

It will have an effect obviously, but nothing significant

MattAAron said:

twestern, your absolutly right, I hope I didn't decieve anyone into thinking you pay $299, was simply trying to say since its a giftcard at Wal-Mart, thats basically cash back :D

but your right...Sorry in advance anyone

Edit #1: Plus, if your buying a PS3...I'm pretty sure most people will be buying a couple games or controller/hdmi cables,etc, so those accessories would be paid by that gift card :D

Edit #2: I just text some of my buddies, got 2 people thatll be buying a PS3 now regardless that its a WalMart gift card :D

Did someone say twestern?

Also, that would be a much better deal were it on the 80Gb models.