By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - a few questions about Lost Odyssey

Rock_on_2008 said:
Lost Odyssey I heard a rumour it is coming to the PS3 soon.

From where? It is not, M$ published it, and I think they fund Mistwalker

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
@ bingoo, thanks for the help, I did love FF X, and that is what has made me look at LO, just as your sig says

Yea i LOVE FF X, easily contender for the best FF in my mind.

In terms of combat, i like LO more then FF 10, because i really like the combat in Lo for some reason, not by much however. In terms of story, FF 10 is still alot ahead of LO

Its not as good as i hoped it would be (i would give it a 8.5), but it really is a good game. And the thousand year dreams, are extremely well written, and im not afraid to say  i have cried in one or two of them because they remind me of past experiences and are done extremely well for not being done in cutscenes. The music plays great into it, and the words to pop up like they should, whether slow or fast.

Owner of all consoles cept DS.....Currently in love with prototype!

Sorry thought Lost Odyssey was made by a third party developer. It would be great on one Blu-Ray game disc.

Bingoo said:
Munkeh111 said:
@ bingoo, thanks for the help, I did love FF X, and that is what has made me look at LO, just as your sig says

In terms of combat, i like LO more then FF 10, because i really like the combat in Lo for some reason, not by much however. In terms of story, FF 10 is still alot ahead of LO

Its not as good as i hoped it would be (i would give it a 8.5), but it really is a good game. And the thousand year dreams, are extremely well written, and im not afraid to say  i have cried in one or two of them because they remind me of past experiences and are done extremely well for not being done in cutscenes. The music plays great into it, and the words to pop up like they should, whether slow or fast.

Yeh, the music in FF X is brilliant, and I do find that the music of RPGs in particular does change my experience, and can make some periods feel less of a grind, and the victory music in FF X is some of my favourite music ever. I assume it does have some very beautiful FMVs, even if the story is not as deep as X's

@ rock on, Mistwalker is a 3rd party dev, but it is basically funded by M$, so they will only make console games for 360

I should have said linking to the mortals' skills. So for example, mortal Jensen learns Black Magic Lvl 2, then an immortal will link to this skill. After a few battles, and enough SP is gained, the immortal will learn this skill. You then have to choose to link to a new skill to learn the next one. At the same time, they are learning a skill linked to an item equipped. If you dont link to new skills, your SP gained from battles will be wasted.

Immortals can only learn skills that the mortal have already learnt or from new items.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
So with linking, does that mean that any skill that the mortal learns, the immortal also learns? Or can they learn skills that the mortals have already learnt?

No. The mortals learn the skill at a certain lvl. Then with your immortal you have to go into the skill linking menu and select a skill you want to learn from them at that time (they must be in battle with you). It can be the skill they just learned, or a past skill they learned earlier.

EaglesEye379 said:
I should have said linking to the mortals' skills. So for example, mortal Jensen learns Black Magic Lvl 2, then an immortal will link to this skill. After a few battles, and enough SP is gained, the immortal will learn this skill. You then have to choose to link to a new skill to learn the next one. At the same time, they are learning a skill linked to an item equipped. If you dont link to new skills, your SP gained from battles will be wasted.

Immortals can only learn skills that the mortal have already learnt or from new items.

Ahh thank you i forget that immortals are the only ones who can learn abilities from items.

Bingoo said:
Munkeh111 said:
So with linking, does that mean that any skill that the mortal learns, the immortal also learns? Or can they learn skills that the mortals have already learnt?

No. The mortals learn the skill at a certain lvl. Then with your immortal you have to go into the skill linking menu and select a skill you want to learn from them at that time (they must be in battle with you). It can be the skill they just learned, or a past skill they learned earlier.

Thanks for the explanation (eagle eye too)

Munkeh111 said:
Bingoo said:
Munkeh111 said:

Yeh, the music in FF X is brilliant, and I do find that the music of RPGs in particular does change my experience, and can make some periods feel less of a grind, and the victory music in FF X is some of my favourite music ever. I assume it does have some very beautiful FMVs, even if the story is not as deep as X's

@ rock on, Mistwalker is a 3rd party dev, but it is basically funded by M$, so they will only make console games for 360

o big time. Music is extremely crucial in RPGS. I find it only comes second to story in my mind. And the soundtrack in FF 10 is AWWWWWWWWWSOME. That slow piano is just brilliant and it fits so danm well with the ending. Its why its one of my favorite endings.

One thing you will like is that you dont really have to grind. You can only gain so many lvls from certain eniemies. Then you stop gaining alot of experience so then you know its time to move on to the next section if you dont think your strong enough.

It does have some very nice FMVS indeed, and the music in LO is really good, though not quite FF 10 but that would be unreal if it was as good. The battle music is really cool, and the trumpet sound for bosses is really kick ass sometimes. Along with how it fits the mood with the stories (goes into slow sad when it shows the words of the sad part of the story etc) all help.

I cannot wait for a sequal and i hope they get the guy who wrote the dreams to write the games story because then we have a FF competitor game on our hands.

@ bingoo, I thought it was written to be part of a trilogy, but I am not sure where I got that from. i can't wait until I can get my 360 so that I can play a game.
Indeed I hate grinding, and I have barely had to do any in FF X, though I will eventually have to do tones to max them out, because I intend to eventually take down the dark Aeons (added in for the international version) who have millions of HP, so that will keep me busy until I get LO