By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

^Take from the numbers what you will. I just did the math.

Around the Network
ph4nt said:
I'm not going to go into major details.

But basing good games based on a certain percentage received on metacritic is a flawed argument, it all depends on a persons tastes that determine which has more game. If you take out multiplatform games Wii is tied with 360 for number of 90+ games. And by your logic the PS2 would have had the worst game library every because it had an immense amount of shovelware just like Wii, and the Gamecube / xbox would have had one of the best. Percentages of good games has nothing to do with how good a console is.

I have more games for Wii then i do for Ps3 / 360 combined, to me that shows how good Wii's library is.

I LOLed haaaaard.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

ph4nt said:

But basing good games based on a certain percentage received on metacritic is a flawed argument, it all depends on a persons tastes that determine which has more game. If you take out multiplatform games Wii is tied with 360 for number of 90+ games. And by your logic the PS2 would have had the worst game library every because it had an immense amount of shovelware just like Wii, and the Gamecube / xbox would have had one of the best. Percentages of good games has nothing to do with how good a console is.

I have more games for Wii then i do for Ps3 / 360 combined, to me that shows how good Wii's library is.

It shows your tastes in gaming maybe...but I wouldnt really say your tastes alone represent quality.

The only thing this tells us is that the Wii is lacking in games which hold to the values that many of the games on the 360 hold to. It clearly has no impact or meaning whatsoever on anything, however, as a great deal of the low-scoring Wii games have sold significantly greater quantities than a great deal of the high-scoring 360 games.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

JaggedSac said:
And if I am not mistaken, is that a picture of Alec Baldwin from The Shadow. That was a god awful movie.

I just took that photo of myself with my digital camera. What the heck are you talking about?

;D 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Sky Render said:
The only thing this tells us is that the Wii is lacking in games which hold to the values that many of the games on the 360 hold to. It clearly has no impact or meaning whatsoever on anything, however, as a great deal of the low-scoring Wii games have sold significantly greater quantities than a great deal of the high-scoring 360 games.

A great deal of low scoring Wii games have sold a lot more than a great deal of high scoring Wii games as well.

disolitude said:
ph4nt said:

It shows your tastes in gaming maybe...but I wouldnt really say your tastes alone represent quality.

They certainly don't, but neither does averaged review scores. It's an unwinnable argument, in the end. The Wii's library is actually under-rated by metacritic while the PS3 and 360's libraries are over-rated. That's an opinion as well though. :P

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Maybe that should tell you something, disolitude. Such as the fact that the Wii's primary appeal is not according to the values of the majority of those people who are reviewing Wii games. I mean, if a product sells well, obviously it's doing something right. Marketing can only get you so far before you have to have a compelling product which authentically holds value to those who buy it.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
JaggedSac said:
And if I am not mistaken, is that a picture of Alec Baldwin from The Shadow. That was a god awful movie.

I just took that photo of myself with my digital camera. What the heck are you talking about?

;D

Thank God.  For a second I thought someone else suffered through that atrocious attempt at filmmaking.  I swore to god to kill Russell Mulcahy for making that movie.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Due to rounding, the percentages come out to 99.9% on both. Thought it was interesting. Is it the flawed review system? Who knows?

The Wii has a few really excellent games, a few really good games, and an awesome exclusive library.

The PS360 has a few great games, a plethora of good games, and most of them are multiplats.

This is true. For games at 75% or higher and not counting downloadable games, it goes 14/19/20 exclusives for the PS3/360/Wii respectively as of 3 weeks ago (when I crunched the numbers). This is why I'm going with the Wii and PS3 this gen. I'll get all the great Wii exclusives and all the PS3 multiplats+exclusives.