By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Some 360 and Wii stats based off MetaCritic.

Due to rounding, the percentages come out to 99.9% on both. Thought it was interesting. Is it the flawed review system? Who knows?

The Wii has a few really excellent games, a few really good games, and an awesome exclusive library.

The PS360 has a few great games, a plethora of good games, and most of them are multiplats.

That's simply the way of things.

The Wii is still a must own gaming system just like the PS3, 360, or PC is a must own gaming system. It is also cheaper than its competitors, and houses games that you can be sure will rarely see a decrease in value(price drop) and that will never be ported to another console or PC.

That's why I feel the Wii also wins over the wallets of most core gamers. A Wii plus a PS3, 360, or PC, gives you the full and ultimate gaming setup this gen without having to go crazy and buy all the available consoles, and it also keeps you up to date on the direction gaming is headed with the motion controls and new-gen trends on the Wii, along with the graphical upgrades, HD, and game designs found on the PS360PC. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Aggregate reviews = garbage.

disolitude said:
PooperScooper said:
Where is zenfold?

I'm guessing he is protestiing at the Ubisoft office with a sign that says..."Wii owners need games too"

LoL, zenfold?

He strikes fear in the hearts of Wii foeboys everywhere.

Who knows what evil lurks within the heart of the SotN guy?

The zenfoldoshadow knows.

Anyway, I defended Ubisoft against Wii fanboys, and I've been making an argument about how Online games aren't the only genre the future has in store for us.

I think the Wii has less great games than the other consoles, but I also think it has quite a grand number of excellent games, and certainly has more and better exclusive games than any other console. In fact, I contend that you don't need a 360 and a PS3. You should pick one or the other. Their libraries are very similar. I have both, and I regret it. I think that with the Wii's competitive library and lower price point, the Wii is still the better buy for entry by new gamers, or for entry into this generation, period. I also think a PS3/360/PC is also a must purchase, eventually if you are a core gamer, though when you finally do get your console, don't be surprised if there aren't quite as many games that appeal to you as metacritic advertises. You'll find 9 or 10 games worth playing, like I did, depending on the console. At least 4 of those games will be shooters.

The Zenfoldor knows!

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

"Wii: 3982-3539-5418-1048 Brawl: 2664-1863-6511 Kart: 1633-5238-8894 Dr. Mario: 1661-1773-3090" - WTF?? LOL!!

"If you only count EXCLUSIVES 95 and up, Wii has 1 and 360 has none." - WTF?? LOL!!

"360 has nothing like Galaxy, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit." - Galaxy is good, Sports is fecal matter on a stick, and WiiFit is similar to a treadmill.

"You've got the most revolutionary platformer GAMEPLAY-WISE of all time, the most revolutionary motion-controlled sports collection of all time, the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time." - Arcades have had these controls for a while now. Perhaps you should categorize that it is revolutionary to console games.

"the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time" - WTF?? LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

^Yeah, sorry Zen...but knowing our history I thought that was a funny comment to make.

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
"Wii: 3982-3539-5418-1048 Brawl: 2664-1863-6511 Kart: 1633-5238-8894 Dr. Mario: 1661-1773-3090" - WTF?? LOL!!

"If you only count EXCLUSIVES 95 and up, Wii has 1 and 360 has none." - WTF?? LOL!!

"360 has nothing like Galaxy, Wii Sports, and Wii Fit." - Galaxy is good, Sports is fecal matter on a stick, and WiiFit is similar to a treadmill.

"You've got the most revolutionary platformer GAMEPLAY-WISE of all time, the most revolutionary motion-controlled sports collection of all time, the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time." - Arcades have had these controls for a while now. Perhaps you should categorize that it is revolutionary to console games.

"the most revolutionary balance-measuring game controller and exercise program of all time" - WTF?? LOL!! LOL!! LOL!!

HAHA...dude, you are my hero of the day. Love the Wii codes line...LOVE IT!

And if I am not mistaken, is that a picture of Alec Baldwin from The Shadow. That was a god awful movie.

.......didn't the 360 have a 100-game library like 3 months the PS3 and Wii even came out? I don't think that is fair.

PS3 and Wii would be better, since they dropped around the same time. PS3 would win if you want >75, but with a smaller library and higher development costs, there is a bigger risk in releasing shovelware on that system. The Wii was deemed failure my many "professionals" and its abundance of those Wack Juice titles now just lets them make a game for the Wii without saying "I'm sorry", "your system isn't a piece of ****"

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

JaggedSac said:

We can all laugh harder at you now LOL :D

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I'm not going to go into major details.

But basing good games based on a certain percentage received on metacritic is a flawed argument, it all depends on a persons tastes that determine which has more game. If you take out multiplatform games Wii is tied with 360 for number of 90+ games. And by your logic the PS2 would have had the worst game library every because it had an immense amount of shovelware just like Wii, and the Gamecube / xbox would have had one of the best. Percentages of good games has nothing to do with how good a console is.

I have more games for Wii then i do for Ps3 / 360 combined, to me that shows how good Wii's library is.