By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So no Red Steel 2?!! wii owners waited just for nothing?

Do you know that even naznatips scan of a mag of possible Red Steel sequel shown in 2007? If they want to show Red Steel 2 they should've show it this year, even it will be released in 2009.

I'll be happy if theyve shown Red Steel 2 this day atleast a teaser of it.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

First off Ubisoft wouldn't face a big loss if they dropped Wii support (which they clearly aren't with RRR) as they can still make damn good money off of HD consoles alone.

And just as a hypothetical would it really be that big a loss if Red Steel 2 was canned? I despised Red Steel and never actually finished it (rented it so didn't bother pushing through).

azrm2k said:
First off Ubisoft wouldn't face a big loss if they dropped Wii support (which they clearly aren't with RRR) as they can still make damn good money off of HD consoles alone.

And just as a hypothetical would it really be that big a loss if Red Steel 2 was canned? I despised Red Steel and never actually finished it (rented it so didn't bother pushing through).
LOL lets see about that, theres still 6 months more on this year you know and about Red Steel, it sucks yes... But its a sucky game with 1 million sold so far that should warrant a sequel. And Ubi says they'll improve Red Steel in the sequel. 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Aj_habfan said:
They didn't mention Assassins Creed 2 either, and we know that is coming.

It better

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

RolStoppable said:
EHSTEVE said:
Wait? I heard that Red Steel was pretty bad

It was ugly bad. Also, the copy of a friend of mine started to suffer from a bug a few weeks after he bought the game. Now it's pretty much unplayable. Not a big deal though, because he beat it already.

Well why would anyone want a sequel?

Around the Network

I thought it was pretty good, but I haven't played many FPSes so I don't have much to compare it to.

They said they were going to take there time on Red Steel 2. So, it might not be released until 2010 or later. Why talk about it now if it's going to be a long time...

EHSTEVE said:
Wait? I heard that Red Steel was pretty bad

It was pretty bad.

But it still sold a million copies. And it's still probably the biggest-budget third party exclusive released on Wii. Funny, huh?

People are expecting Red Steel 2 to fix all the problems of Red Steel, and be properly polished.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I liked Red Steel. Despite some wonky sword fighting controls, I thought it was pretty fun.

@famousringo
But that's only my opinion.

the game itself just needed a couple more months to be polished right and fix all those bugs and glitches, i have the game and despite all those flaws it was not that bad and i actually enjoyed it, so if they can overcome all the shortcomings of the first one, they sure will have a good game for us.

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688