By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Quick thought - Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles

Wow really, so much RE:UC love? Probably not the best comment to post here but I had the complete opposite experience.

I had no intention of owning the game, but somebody saw the hole in my RE collection and bought it for me last Christmas. I played until the last chapter but found the entire game boring and ultimately lost interest. I didn't see the point in playing through several quick summaries of past titles. For me the whole enjoyment of RE is the story, the puzzles and the tension - of which UC had little. OK there were the files which were actually pretty interesting but it wasn’t enough to hold my attention for long. The problem was that it felt cheap… not only was it a simple arcade shooter but it was just a re-telling of 3 RE games, if Capcom had told a new story tied to the franchise I could’ve stuck it out to the end.

But that’s not to say there is no enjoyment to be had with UC, no doubt someone who enjoys arcade shooters and RE is going to have a good time. I was just surprised so many people seem to like it, it’s almost as if we have different opinions or something =P