By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction Wiifit will have a sell trough of 75% against the wiiinstallbase

Yes, this might sound crazy but I believe that end of the wii/wiifit lifetime. Wiifit will have sold to 75% of the wii install base. Why?

First the hype around wiifit is incredible.

Second wiifit is pointing at one of the pain points in the world (weight)

thirth a lot of developers already announced balance board support. Even people that dont have a Wii yet but want to get skate-it just to try it out will need a wii and balanceboard . So that install base will be 1 on 1.

I think the attachrate of wiifit will be more then wii play. 

Prove me wrong?

Around the Network

INSAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!

no way...

The Ghost of RubangB said:
INSAAAAAAAAAAAANE!!!!

thank you for your contribution but does that mean you agree or not.

Or are you just first posting? 

eliasg said:
no way...

OK and why?

Around the Network

I don't think anything will ever have a 75% attach rate for anything, except maybe razors and razor blades.

If the balance board gets a shitload of games, which it will since it's outselling the PS3, the attach rate of the board will increase, but at some point they'll have to sell the board on its own, or in some sort of deal with 2 or 3 new balance board games but not Wii Fit.

I think Wii Fit and the board will be sold separately some time next year, after both are insanely huge. I don't think either will get an attach rate over 50% though.

Consider that wii sports, despite being sold with EVERY SINGLE WII in europe and america, is only at an attach ratio of 88%... i think wiifit could do very well in its attach rate, but 75% is impossible without becoming a part of the standard package

tabsina said:
Consider that wii sports, despite being sold with EVERY SINGLE WII in europe and america, is only at an attach ratio of 88%... i think wiifit could do very well in its attach rate, but 75% is impossible without becoming a part of the standard package

If you want to play any of the boards games coming you will need the balance board.

Ok they might sell it seperated so lets say the board gets an attachment rate of 75% not wiifit.

I just named wiifit because it's packed in now. 

i know what you meant.. i stand by what i said still, it will do very very well, don't get me wrong, but 75% is way out there.. thats, for the current fanbase, 20 million copies of wii fit.. imagine when wii has sold 100, or even 60 million copies, thats 75mil and 45mil balance boards respectively... to me that just seems impossible, unless there is some serious support -- when i say serious support, i mean that every game from 2009 onwards utilises it in some way

How can you possibly be a member of this site for almost a year and not know anything about sales?

Just....no. The reason being: common sense.