By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So is it safe to say that Wii won the console war this gen?

FJ-Warez said:
Yes is safe for most of us, but lets wait for MGS4, after that, there will be no doubt (For the fanboys anyway)...

Nobody really expects MGS4 to move much hardware do they? Do what GTAIV could not do?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Dragon007 said:
In terms of raw sales numbers, yes, the Wii has won.

But I have always seen this war as being between Sony and Microsoft.

If the Wii was genuinely competing on the same level as the PS360, why aren't the big third party developers flocking to the Wii?

I'm afraid this is an incorrect answer

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

ZenfoldorVGI said:
FJ-Warez said:
Yes is safe for most of us, but lets wait for MGS4, after that, there will be no doubt (For the fanboys anyway)...

Nobody really expects MGS4 to move much hardware do they? Do what GTAIV could not do?

Nobody sane, but you can always count with some fans around here...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Yes the Wii has won and developers have stopped working on any HD title and are focusing 100% of their efforts on the Wii now.

/sarcasm off.

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

haha its funny when people still say that wii hasn't yet won this generation. seriously it was decided as soon as the wii zoomed past the 360 last year. the question now isn't whether it will be first, but whether it can beat the other two systems combined, which is a very likely yes.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

LOL the Wii won, why members like blue ocelot keeps persisting? And about third party support? Lets say the ones that ditched the wii will get what they deserve :)

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Rock_on_2007.

Uh.... duh, it's safe to say it.

Is it safe to say gas prices are high?
Is it safe to say that the sky is blue?
Is it safe to say that I'm on VG Chartz?

Tell me! I don't know these things!

yushire said:
LOL the Wii won, why members like blue ocelot keeps persisting? And about third party support? Lets say the ones that ditched the wii will get what they deserve :)

Because he probably loves either sony or microsoft and doesn't want to give up on what he belives.

OT:When GTA4 was unable to stop the wii it is safe to say that the wii has won. 

ctk495 said:
yushire said:

Because he probably loves either sony or microsoft and doesn't want to give up on what he belives.

OT:When GTA4 was unable to stop the wii it is safe to say that the wii has won.

Or he cant swallow his pride just like analysts.

OT: If this trend continues we will see HD consoles competing with the PS2

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

brute said:
it was safe to say it since last year

End of Thread.