By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports now 5th best selling game ever!!

NameConsolePublisherJapanAmericaOthersTotal
Super Mario BrosNintendo6.8129.523.9140.24
Pokemon Red / Green / BlueNintendo10.2411.449.7031.38
TetrisNintendo4.2423.552.4730.26
Duck HuntNintendo0.2827.340.6928.31
Wii SportsNintendo3.0511.728.8923.66

It may very well be #1 by the end of this year alone.

(also, ioi, you have the table headers backwards, should be console then name.) 

Around the Network

Why have i only just noticed some game called 'duck hunt' is 4th???

What the hell is/was Duck Hunt!?

(actually, it barely sold outside of America, perhaps explaining it)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

It was the best damn light gun game ever. It was also part of the original 'Action Pack' version of the NES bundles. It came with NES, 2 controllers, 1 gun, and a Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt combo game. This was the actual version I got as an xmas present.

Since Wiisports is bundled with every console sold in the US and Europe i don't think it really counts...

superchunk said:
It was the best damn light gun game ever. It was also part of the original 'Action Pack' version of the NES bundles. It came with NES, 2 controllers, 1 gun, and a Super Mario Bros + Duck Hunt combo game. This was the actual version I got as an xmas present.

Ahhhh i thought it had something to do with shooting ducks from the name...thanks for the heads up

Around the Network

Its the game with dang evil dog that laughs at you if you dont kill a duck....grrrrr bad memories..

Former something....

colonelstubbs said:
Why have i only just noticed some game called 'duck hunt' is 4th???

What the hell is/was Duck Hunt!?

(actually, it barely sold outside of America, perhaps explaining it)

NES Lightgun game.

POKEMON RULEZ!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

colonelstubbs said:
superchunk said:

Ahhhh i thought it had something to do with shooting ducks from the name...thanks for the heads up

Half ducks, half clay pidgeons.  Clay shooting was more fun actually.

I cant believe i owned the 2nd highest selling game of all time....Pokemon Blue!

I still remember picking Bulbosaur the first time i played through the game, and pwning the first boss Brock.

The memories....