By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Beyong Good and Evil 2 'Debut' Teaser

The more I think about it on paper it looks like a good move, as long as they don't have a high budget for it.

If they put it on the Wii they risk a Zack and Wiki, NMH, SSX Blur, DQSwords, and so many others... of course none of those games were advertized quite as well as Mario franchize, Wii franchize, Red Steele, and so many others that did sell.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

the teaser trailer is one of the best I've ever seen. It reminded me of firefly.

Wednesday, May 28th. 1:30 pm.

Rubang wakes up. Has a smoothie. Stumbles over to computer.

Loads up VGChartz. Sees multiple threads about Beyond Good and Evil 2.

Has a heart attack. Froths at the mouth. Opens threads.

Watches trailer. Dies a little inside.

Fuck you Ubisoft. You go to hell and you die. This is fucking disgusting.

This game would have sold better on the Wii than on PS360 combined, and WOULD HAVE LOOKED BETTER ON THE WII.

I like the new PoP art style.

This, not so much. I never played the first game but remember the art style looking very attractive, I just never got around to buying it for some reason.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

The Ghost of RubangB said:

This game would have sold better on the Wii than on PS360 combined, and WOULD HAVE LOOKED BETTER ON THE WII.

You're just kidding yourself Rubang.  The art style was the decision of the developers and would have been the same no matter if they put it on the Wii, you would just get the same art style with the power of the Wii instead of the PS360.  Assuming that putting it on the Wii would have magically made the developers use the art style you want is foolish.

Around the Network

I own an XBox 360 so I will be able to buy this when it comes out, but I still think they choose some bizzare platforms to release BG&E2 for ...

Realistically, the only games which tend to sell well on the XBox 360 and PS3 are First Person Shooters, Sports Games, Racing games and the occasional sandbox game; something like BG&E is never going to be widly accepted by current owners of these systems and the game will (probably) not attract many people who would be interested in this game towards these platforms.

Torillian said:

You're just kidding yourself Rubang.  The art style was the decision of the developers and would have been the same no matter if they put it on the Wii, you would just get the same art style with the power of the Wii instead of the PS360.  Assuming that putting it on the Wii would have magically made the developers use the art style you want is foolish.

No they probably would have most likely kept the original art style due to the wii  not being able to produce realistic graphics at the same lvl as the ps360.

Torillian said:

I completely agree. This was a developer decision.  They could have a made a gorgeous game while sticking with the silly cartoon style of the first on the HD consoles, and I would have been drooling over it and praising Ubisoft as my new god.  This is not that game.  For those who don't remember what the first game looked like:

It looked more like Ratchet & Clank than Half-Life... what the hell have you done Ubisoft?

The people that is complaining about the new look should have bought the old game but most of them did not. With the low sales the first game had they have instead taken a new "approach". Still dont think that is game engine even if Ubisoft says it.

I maintain faith that someday, Xbox owners will complete their cranium-anal removal surgeries en masse and stop buying the same game 6 times a year.

I'm an optimist!

Uh... Yeah, okay. Even I don't buy that line. Gah, this game will bomb.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/