By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1UP Review --- Ninja Gaiden 2 --- **B-**

colonelstubbs said:
bbsin said:
colonelstubbs said:

Nah it wasnt able to live up to expectations....it wasnt quite as bad as the third tho

What? The third was as good as the first and much better than 4. You are crazy to think the third was anyway a "bad" game, all DMC vets will say the same thing: the best DMC game is a toss up between DMC1 and DMC3:SE.

There is no need to become enraged at my different opinion

No one is enraged at anything, I just fail to see how anyone could think DMC3 was a "bad" game or worse than DMC4 without pointing out a reason. I'm sorry if you think I'm upset at your opinion, I'm just confused.

Around the Network

Here are some review quotes to go against some of the ones I have seen.

"With Ninja Gaiden 2 Tomonobu Itagaki and his Team Ninja staff have managed to produce a game that has more variety than you could ever imagine, a storyline that spans the globe, enemies so diverse you expect something new around every corner, combat so brutal you'll be wincing until the closing credits and a style that is so effortlessly cool it could only have come from one man. To use a phrase from Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski, Ninja Gaiden 2 is more bad ass than its predecessor in every conceivable way." - VideoGamer

"It's almost never unfair, but unless you're 100 per cent focussed don't expect to make it very far." - VideoGamer

"Overall, the gameplay gels brilliantly. " - GameDaily

"Ninja Gaiden II is easily one of the best action games on Xbox 360. The depth in combat is as exciting as ever and the new gameplay additions and changes only add to the experience." - IGN

Basically, if you like the last one, you'll love this one.

I wasn't attacked by a random fanboy after my last post... I feel so... ignored.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

GhaleonUnlimited said:
OH NO AN ABOVE-AVERAGE SCORE AAAAH. I think everyone knows what to expect from NG2 before you even play it, for better or for worse.

Until they bring back the REAL NG story, fuck Team Ninja anyway.

You know that B- is 75% and just BARELY above average right?

A B- would be a 7.5 in a .5 scoreing system to 10.

For everyone saying that its not that bad, would you say the same thing if the score was 7.5 out of 10?

there would be hell to pay. This game isnt going to do much but fizzle out. I dont even think it'll get 3/4 of the first ones sales. Oh well. PS3 Port with different name confirmed to boost their revenue.  

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

I thought what he said made sense though, and wouldn't a b- be an 85%? At least that's what it is where I go to school...

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
PooperScooper said:
Slimebeast said:
lol at Sony-fans spamming the thread.

You're just malicious because Haze was an epic fail.

Haze hasn't failed just yet. opening week is 220k not bad.

and the fact that NG2 was hyped more, we just have to give it back after taking it.

Maybe MS fanboys shouldnt be hypocrits

NG2 wasn't hyped more then Haze.
NG2 will have better record in metacritic and will have better sells then Haze. You will see.

bbsin said:
colonelstubbs said:
bbsin said:
colonelstubbs said:

Nah it wasnt able to live up to expectations....it wasnt quite as bad as the third tho

What? The third was as good as the first and much better than 4. You are crazy to think the third was anyway a "bad" game, all DMC vets will say the same thing: the best DMC game is a toss up between DMC1 and DMC3:SE.

There is no need to become enraged at my different opinion

No one is enraged at anything, I just fail to see how anyone could think DMC3 was a "bad" game or worse than DMC4 without pointing out a reason. I'm sorry if you think I'm upset at your opinion, I'm just confused.

Yeah I agree. Long time DMC fan here, who stuck with the series through the DMC2 days.

I think 3 and 4 are equally fantastic, and even though Special Edition rocked, the original DMC3 is better, simply because most people can't beat it, and I can, easily. That just makes me so happy in my evil little internet heart.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

JaggedSac said:
Here are some review quotes to go against some of the ones I have seen.

"With Ninja Gaiden 2 Tomonobu Itagaki and his Team Ninja staff have managed to produce a game that has more variety than you could ever imagine, a storyline that spans the globe, enemies so diverse you expect something new around every corner, combat so brutal you'll be wincing until the closing credits and a style that is so effortlessly cool it could only have come from one man. To use a phrase from Gears of War designer Cliff Bleszinski, Ninja Gaiden 2 is more bad ass than its predecessor in every conceivable way." - VideoGamer

"It's almost never unfair, but unless you're 100 per cent focussed don't expect to make it very far." - VideoGamer

"Overall, the gameplay gels brilliantly. " - GameDaily

"Ninja Gaiden II is easily one of the best action games on Xbox 360. The depth in combat is as exciting as ever and the new gameplay additions and changes only add to the experience." - IGN

Basically, if you like the last one, you'll love this one.

If these quotes are accurate, this game will satisfy me for sure.

As always, we're seeing a lot of Sony fanboys pounding on this game for one or another reason, but people who were waiting for this game weren't expecting more than this... This franchise is what it is, it would be unrealistic to expect this game to be a blockbuster appreciated by all.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Yojimbo said:
tombi123 said:
What is B-, 80%?

I am very surprised by these low scores. I expected this game to be 90%+ and just as good as the first one.
it is 75%, I was also expecting higher scores.

Since when was a B- 75%???  That is a middle of the road C.  90-100-A 80-89-B 70-79-C.  Not sure what school you went to where a B- was 75%, but I wish I had gone there. 

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

@wewdeadeye

in my university:

Below 50--------- F
50-55 ------------- D
55-59-------------C-
60-63--------------C
64-67--------------C+
68-71---------------B-
72-75----------------B
76-79-----------------B+
80-84-------------------A-
84-89-------------------A