By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fable 2 Boxart Reveal

cool, Fable 2 will be aces, only RPG ive ever completed is Fable, normally i find RPGs incredibly boring, but Fable was very good.

Around the Network

I disagree with WoW. Fable was not a groundbreaker, but at the time it wasn't a bad game. It actually kept me interested the whole way through.

It certainly had untapped potential though. I will pick up Fable 2 and give it a play, despite the fact that it will probably be only above average.

I play all games average - perfect. It's the "bad" category that I avoid like plague. I think I have more fun because of it, as well. Even below-average games are actually way better than anything else I could be doing, so what the hell, ya know, lol?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

this might sound a bit fanboy of me, just like pretty much all my posts but, doesn't fable seem sort of like a copy of the zelda franchise?. i am referring to the first fable only. the second is ALOT different from the first and not in any way like the zelda series. there are just alot of similarities, i cant go into much detail because the only time ive played it is at my cousins house but in the few times i played all i could think is "man, now i feel like playing ocarina of time."does anybody else feel this way?

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

i think it looks alot like fable 1 case

PS360ForTheWin said:
cool, Fable 2 will be aces, only RPG ive ever completed is Fable, normally i find RPGs incredibly boring, but Fable was very good.

Thats because Fable 1 wasn't really a RPG and I don't think Fable 2 will be. Of course that doesn't make it a bad game I'm really looking forward to Fable 2 because 1 (like all PM games...) had some interessting ideas but sadly a rather poor realization.

Topic:

Boxart looks ok because it reminds me of Part 1. Someone who played Part 1 will most likely recognize it as Fable.

Around the Network
el_ciprés said:
PS360ForTheWin said:

Thats because Fable 1 wasn't really a RPG and I don't think Fable 2 will be. Of course that doesn't make it a bad game I'm really looking forward to Fable 2 because 1 (like all PM games...) had some interessting ideas but sadly a rather poor realization.

Topic:

Boxart looks ok because it reminds me of Part 1. Someone who played Part 1 will most likely recognize it as Fable.

they'll also probably recognize it by the big "FABLE" on it. ;)

the nintendo wii will outsell the ps3 and the 360 combined by the end of 2008.                           

PS3 will out sell the 360 june 2010.                                                                      

GOTY of 2008 is super smash brothers brawl.... hopefully.

END OF 08 PREDICTIONS:

Wii: 45 million         xbox360: 26 million       PS3: 19 million (made beginning of 08)

wii: 44 million         xbox 360: 24 million      PS3: 21 million (made june 08)

wii code: 8094-5344-2140-1400

brawl code: 5412-9565-3232   

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I disagree with WoW. Fable was not a groundbreaker, but at the time it wasn't a bad game. It actually kept me interested the whole way through.

I could have tolerated its pathetic story if the combat was fun and engaging.

I could have tolerated its boring and repetitive combat if the level up system didn't insist upon making you a 50+ year old to be really powerful.

I could even tolerated the level-up system if the story had been interesting.

Sadly, it didn't work out well. I can't fix the stupid premise of a Heroes Guild. I can't fix the repetitive combat. The only thing I could fix was the the level-up/aging part which still leaves too much of the game needing work.

And that's not even getting into my grumbling about the fact that enemy AI is beyond insulting in rescue quests. Gee, let's have 6 guards all run around you to go after the guy you're trying to rescue and let's also have this guy die in 3 hits. Swell.

Mediocrity would be a compliment for Fable TLC.

Starcraft is going to have fun with this thread (and specifically WoW) when he comes back.

But I have to agree with you. It was generic to me. for all the reasons you listed above.

I like it. Looks good.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Fable was a decent game that had some fun parts. Really though, it's not all that special.

I'll buy the second game based on the decent experience from the first but I'm not holding my breath in anticipation of this game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/