By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Ninty lose the war if Sony & M$ develop similar or better controller?

trestres said:
disolitude said:
trestres said:
Of course the Wii is better in terms of control, since developers have both choices when they make a game: Motion controls or Standard controls.

Or even both on the same game. So Nintendo doesnt need to worry about people like Disolitude, who think Nintendo is for kiddies with their new approach.

I call it being insecure and jealous to an extent. Then copying and still failing, that's what's going to happen to Microsoft or Sony if they even try. Bad move, cause not everyone will have the controller, therefore a reduced fanbase for developers, it will also bring down the image of the selfproclaimed "hardcore tough mature guys" by adding "kiddie" features to their consoles and on top of that, new games will be ready by 2010? Good luck MS or Sony on this one.

I'd love to use gamecube controller on mario galaxy. Except I can't... Nintendo is full of choices indeed. Tomorrow I'll have a choice of using a 1 gig or a 2 gig SD card to store my downloads...decisions...

You need some reading comprehension lessons.
I never said it was a CONSUMER choice, it is a DEVELOPER choice to opt for one or another or even both (MKWii for example)

Stop it with that Nintendo hate, it's getting really old man.

What hate? I gave my 300 bucks to nintendo for their console...and loads of other cash for their games. I don't see any hate there. Besides, if I'm not 100% pleased with something I paid for I have the right to voice my issues with it.

Around the Network

Yea, on every post you make, you stealth troll. Cut it off, anyone can tell now you're the biggest Wii hater on the site.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Yea, on every post you make, you stealth troll. Cut it off, anyone can tell now you're the biggest Wii hater on the site.

Except only you keep bringing it up...we had a nice discussion going till you came along. 

Kasz216 said:
brute said:
^actually it think mario galaxy wouldnt be as good with the gc controller as it is with the wii mote

Yeah, I agree actually. It'd be impossible to play Mario Galaxy with a GC controller anwyay. You've got those sections where you need to direct yourself with the pointer while doing other stuff.

Either way, I just perfer regular games without motion controls with the wiimote as well. It's just way more comfortable to streatch out with a controller then having both your hands right next to each other.

If you like to strech out while playing have you considered something like this? :)

Oh please hahah "we had a nice discussion going till you came along", how old are you?
I tried to answer rationally up here, but you answered me in a trollish manner, you don't accept the truth even when it's shown to you, and besides I added to the conversation my point of view, and you just make fun of it and even attack Nintendo once more.

You said "I'd love to use gamecube controller on mario galaxy. Except I can't... Nintendo is full of choices indeed. Tomorrow I'll have a choice of using a 1 gig or a 2 gig SD card to store my downloads...decisions... "

Good contribution to the conversation isnt it? You make fun of me and you attack Nintendo, keep it like that and I'll always respond back, sorry.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Oh please hahah "we had a nice discussion going till you came along", how old are you?
I tried to answer rationally up here, but you answered me in a trollish manner, you don't accept the truth even when it's shown to you, and besides I added to the conversation my point of view, and you just make fun of it and even attack Nintendo once more.

You said "I'd love to use gamecube controller on mario galaxy. Except I can't... Nintendo is full of choices indeed. Tomorrow I'll have a choice of using a 1 gig or a 2 gig SD card to store my downloads...decisions... "

Good contribution to the conversation isnt it? You make fun of me and you attack Nintendo, keep it like that and I'll always respond back, sorry.

Why are you still talking about this? Can you read the topic headline? Can you read the posts that happened before your first post? I guess not...

umm no.

Any changes in PS360's controllers to that of Wii-like motes would surely fail. Wii's controller works because the entire system is designed around it.

They could copy next gen though and of course that war has yet to begin.

Yes I can, and I answered the OP... Dont know what your point really is, you keep dodging my questions and ignoring my answers, suit yourself, people like you sooner or later get banned :)

Back on topic: I gotta repeat since some can't read, Nintendo has secured 1st place already, and implementing motion controls on 360 or PS3 will won't have any effect on Nintendo, other than provide ports of these new games.
Of course MS and Sony will do it in the desperation of gaining market share but they will fail miserably. Next gen every console will have Motion controls available from the get go, and Nintendo will have the lead in technological resources.

Good things get copied after all, but this time it will be very late.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Yes I can, and I answered the OP... Dont know what your point really is, you keep dodging my questions and ignoring my answers, suit yourself, people like you sooner or later get banned :)

Back on topic: I gotta repeat since some can't read, Nintendo has secured 1st place already, and implementing motion controls on 360 or PS3 will won't have any effect on Nintendo, other than provide ports of these new games.
Of course MS and Sony will do it in the desperation of gaining market share but they will fail miserably. Next gen every console will have Motion controls available from the get go, and Nintendo will have the lead in technological resources.

Good things get copied after all, but this time it will be very late.

No offense...while your opinion stands as just that...someone that owns only nintnedo games and systems listed in his profile may not be in a great position to judge what is "good" in the current gaming market as someone who owns all 3 current systems...and who has owned every major system since the NES.

Your response there screeems of fanboyism as you are basically saying everything microsoft and sony do = shit...while anything nintendo does is golden and without copying them...the other 2 can't compete. This is the unfortunate symptom of someone who only owns one of the 3 consoles and doesn't know what strengths other 2 offer...

In any case, copying the wiimote will be a huge mistake until more R&D is put in to it and it is made a lot better. By 2011 we will see what microsoft may offer. They smoked nintendo when it was an arms race of who has better graphics...and they will smoke nintendo when it comes to motion controlls if this is indeed the future. 

Too late.

The development cycle is already up and running and an interjection of motion controls for PS3/X360 would get the same treatment ALL peripherals get....very little at all.

Doesn't the PS3 already have a motion sensing controller? And how's that working out for them against the Wii?

The rEVOLution is not being televised