By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Okami or Boomblox? VG, help?

I've got Boom Blox and it's amazing, also getting Okami on launch. If I had to choose a title i'd personally go for Okami cos I love epics and been chasing the dragon since Zelda TP.

Thats just me though so you have to decide - dont envy your choice though.

I'm just waiting for Montana to share his views

Around the Network

Get Okami, an original and amazing game idea like that, which deserved millions of sales on it's original platform... which it didn't get... It's the job of wii owners to give this game sales which will make Capcom continue, in their pursuit of creating original & fun games such as Okami, and also Zack and Wiki.

However, do not discount Boom Blox, it's also a fun, addictive game, and again, EA should be supported for delivering original and innovative titles such as these to the Wii. Also Speilberg's continued input in game development, is one which would benefit gamers, so again, I believe that Boom Blox, should be bought, to support Speilberg's endevaours.

In time, I will probably purchase both, as I hope you do too. BUT, I will be purchasing Okami first, as I feel it is a game more suited to my tastes, and also, the fact that EA, can take any losses they make on Boom Blox, more than Capcom can, with Okami, because of the fact they produce more profit then Capcom(from their other game releases and departments e.g EA sports).

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I haven't purchased either yet. That said, I will probably get Okami first for three reasons:

1. Epic adventura is generally > puzzle for me
2. Okami cost is 20% less. Slightly better chance Boom Box will lower in price first.
3. Matacritic has Okami at 89 and Boom Box at 86. (Really very close, so close that I would put genre preference over score, but Okami is the winner just looking at score).

I will probably have both by the 1st of next year, assuming there isn't a bunch of releases this fall that will take a higher place on my wish list...

Having both, I can tell you neither choice is the wrong one. They are both amazing titles, and you should plan on making the one you do but choose your next choice.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

Seems like another case of what kind of time investment are you willing to make right now. Really long big adventure game, or tons of small puzzle stages. They're both great games in their respective genres. Aside from that you've got multiplayer in Boom Blox, the price difference of $10, and the fact EA are usually somewhat quick to cut prices on things that don't sell in spades.