By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - NO AFRIKA For Europe --- WHY SONY WHY!!

i am really interested in the game

Around the Network

Excuse but does anyone know what this game is about? I hope so cuz i would like to know more about the gameplay. I think it would be cool if you had to save the animals from hunters or something, and have a shoot-out against the hunters.

Just what i would like to see.

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Kratos said:
Excuse but does anyone know what this game is about? I hope so cuz i would like to know more about the gameplay. I think it would be cool if you had to save the animals from hunters or something, and have a shoot-out against the hunters.

Just what i would like to see.

That'd be lame. It would be way more cool to shoot down all the frikin animals.

Perhaps, karma from European colonialism, which still continues.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

So do we know wtf this game is yet? I guess a wildlife photography game could be neat, if you shared the pictures and had competitions and whatnot... or do you just go around looking at stuff?

@pooperscooper

watch the documentary where it shows a woman saved a lion when it was cub & then had to give it to a zoo

10 years later they let her into its cage in the zoo & the lion HUGGED Her!! (it remembered her even though 10 years had passed)

Do you mean this woman? That's not quite the right story. She saved the lion and kept it in her own animal shelter. She had a close and constant relationship with it.

No trainer/keeper would stroll up to a lion she wasn't intimately familiar with. That's a sure way to get your head bitten off. Lions can be controlled to a certain extent, but they can't be tamed and there's nothing "nice" about them. The only way to manage them is to keep them convinced that you're in charge. Otherwise they'll see you as, at best, a rival to be smacked around, or at worst, something to eat.

It would be interesting if Afrika tried to accurately capture these facets of animal psychology... I kind of doubt it'll be possible to be killed though. That doesn't seem like the kind of theme this game is going for.

Around the Network

maybe it's due to the other game they publishing " EUROPE", I hear it's quite special.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Hm, I read that it would be Japan only, ie no US release.

Is there any way PAL regions can get this game and the NTSC region can be the one "missing out"? That would be much better.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I have a feeling, as others, that this is not really what they wanted, and it has just beome a PSN title, though i am sure there could be some way to save it, the question is what is this game about, is it just a safari simulator, or is it something more?

Munkeh111 said:
I have a feeling, as others, that this is not really what they wanted, and it has just beome a PSN title, though i am sure there could be some way to save it, the question is what is this game about, is it just a safari simulator, or is it something more?
I think the reason we don't know anything about this title is that there isn't much for Sony to tell us. When they showed the trailer at E3 2006, I think it was just another of that year's infamous smoke and mirrors presentations including Eight Days(when's the last you heard this game mentioned from Sony?), The Getaway(Ditto for this game) and Heavy Rain(Sony asked the developers if they could use a tech demo they were working on internally on PS3 hardware and show it publicly).

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.