By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ninja gaiden 2 ign review

PooperScooper said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Magnific0 said:
^Hopefully they'll make a port of Ninja Gaiden 2 in two years or less this time?

Igataki has been clear many times that this game is only appearing on the 360.

Just like its been clear that Haze is Ps3 only and Bioshock is 360 only.

NG2 is being published by MS. Bioshock wasn't and HAze isn't published by Sony.

---

Around the Network

Well, hoping is free. I don't need to hold my breath, just borrow a 360 for a couple of weeks and If I love the game as much as the first one, I'll buy a 360 once they are 100% frying free.

PooperScooper said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Magnific0 said:
^Hopefully they'll make a port of Ninja Gaiden 2 in two years or less this time?

No... 

More like how MGS4 is PS3 exclusive. 

Dissapointed....

Shameless said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Shameless said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Igataki did not approve of NGS BCNR34. Its a last gen game on a new gen console.
NG2 is the new gen game for the new gen console.

87 is good, and hopefully the reviews stay positive.
With the frame rate problems apparently being fixed for the retail version, maybe some of these reviews will even be higher.

But apparantly NGS is better than NG2.

Apparently, by your logic, the original Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox is better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3, since is scored a 9.4.

http://xbox.ign.com/objects/482/482221.html

It's not 'my logic', it's obvious. I surely shouldn't have to explain that to you.

So in other words, the 60 dollar PS3 port of Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox with tons of new content is actually inferior to the Xbox original I can dowload off of XBL for 10 dollars?

I think you just don't want to understand. It's simple. Let me explain it for you.

Your opinion isn't obvious, it's silly. Games gets points taken off because they are derivitive, that doesn't mean they are inferior to their predecessors. The Wii version of RE4, for instance, is a better game than the original gamecube version, but it scored lower because it was a port, plain and simple. Scores are progressive, and just because Devil May Cry 3 might have had a higher review than DMC4 on IGN(dunno if true) at the time, it might not mean that it's a better game.

Your black and white look at reviewing has obvious flaws, for instance the original Ninja Gaiden had significant camera and technical issues, and the PS3 port is actually extremely superior to the original game. There is no question. However, since it got .1 point lower, you say that it's "obviously a better game."

Frankly, that's a little childish, and ignorant. That or your just trolling, but know this, if you ever do stop trolling and want to have a serious conversation about this, you will have absolutly no argument. There is no way you could even get a significant point of opinion in, because you are just plain wrong.

Now, it might be true that Ninja Gaiden Sigma is better than Ninja Gaiden II. However, the princible that games that score higher than other versions of itself are always the superior version of the game, are rediculious. Refined games such as Sigma are better than their original games, they simply are derivitive. That is why the score is lower.

In your simplistic view of the world, I'm sure that it doesn't make sense, but if you think for a moment, then you'll realize that a common sense approach is best in this situation.

Just to fill everyone in, this guy is saying Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox, the original version, is better than Ninja Gaiden sigma, which is virtually the same game wiith new content, a new single player campaign, refined controls, next gen visuals, a fixed camera, and no frame-rate issues with absolutely no new drawbacks of which to speak. His reason for saying this is that the original Ninja Gaiden scores .1 points higher than Ninja Gaiden Sigma on IGN.com

I contend that the reason the game scored worse could be for a number of different reasons, none of which are due to it actually being worse, being that perhaps the game is derivitive(or a port so called), or perhaps a different reviewer reviewed the game, or more importantly maybe Ninja Gaiden at the time was the end all action game, but when it was rereleased as Sigma it has some competent competition, so the score was lowered to reflect that.

Flawed reasoning and flawed logic, but you apparently have the nerve to get snarky about it when it's just so freakin' wrong, I can hardly believe it. How shallow can an argument get, cause this sets a new record.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
BCNR34 said:
trolling? i just found it funny, thats all.

funny that the overall average is 8.8 ?????

and comparing IGN US to UK please.........they way harcher on games than IGN US

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/801/801548p1.html

here for your sigma to give it balance ;)

yeah that's way better :P

PooperScooper said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Magnific0 said:

never been clear for haze quite the opposite...... it always been clear it was coming to XB... and bioshock we all new it was timed exclusive... MS doesn't own the right and didn't signed any definite exclu contract.....

so you probably chose the 2 worst example you could have picked.....

but it's possible it will come to PS 3 but it's published by MS so i doubt it 

endimion said:
PooperScooper said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Magnific0 said:

never been clear for haze quite the opposite...... it always been clear it was coming to XB... and bioshock we all new it was timed exclusive... MS doesn't own the right and didn't signed any definite exclu contract.....

so you probably chose the 2 worst example you could have picked.....

but it's possible it will come to PS 3 but it's published by MS so i doubt it 

So where were you when everytime someone mention a 360 Haze FR would always deny it. (same case the post I quoted is talking about)

Also speak for yourself about Bioshock. Truth is people accepted that Bioshock was a 360 exclusive. Now it isnt.

Reviewers are complainig about frame rate issues,,,,what is the fps(frames) for this game? I didn't find it.

NGS runs @ 60 fps if I m not mistaken,,,so this one should be the same since it's released after NGS ,,,so why the complaint about the frame rate drops?

it was the entire point of the campaign right here right now at E3 for MS.... what they ment is if you want to play those games for Christmas you have to buy an XB 360.......

about haze it was announced on XB in the first place and then was removed and that was on the official channels...... after that everybody knew it was a time exclusive..... I mean if you are buying all the PR BS "we made a mistake we meant we are just working for PS 3......"