By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you guys think about N4G.com

@*bleu-ocelot*
LOL That's mean, but funny all the same. Not that the rest of us are too much better, sometimes. Luckily, most of us a have thick skins, when we get called on it. Overall, most of the people on here are a pretty cool bunch to be around.
@Fernando
So, stop wasting time on N4G threads and hangout here.

Around the Network

I hate that site, I could delve further but it doesn't deserve anymore of my time, past an off the cuff comment. Nintendo/Microsoft haters galore.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
starcraft said:
If you came here to avoid far-out Sony fanboy comments, you will be sorely disappointed...........

If you came here for inane Microsoft-fanboy comments,you will love this guy.^^ =)

In Australia, people say "this guy" when attempting to make a third-person reference to themselves......

Never realized you love the 360 so much. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I like N4G because they post up Shane Kim articles which are quite interesting.

But then the Sony fanboys invade and say "does this guy ever shut up". And, "this guy is talking out of his ass again". etc

And then the comments turn into flame war.

I mean, it's not his fault that people are interviewing him.

I got there only for news as if I was to go into the forums I would be banned due to the stupidity of the Sony fanboys on that site. I would probably swear at most of them due to their pro sony anti 360 and anti Wii crap.

Around the Network

The thing that annoys me more about N4G.com, is that the guys over there think that Wii and Nintendo fans don't exist. Just because Nintendo guys don't comment over there, doesn't mean that we don't exist.

They live in a little bubble, and they think that there are no other communitys besides that site.

I find N4G to be pretty good. Three things I don't like about it though...

First, the degree ratings for articles and games. I thing it is out of whack... It looks like they have a multiplier as a game gets closer to release when I think it should just be constant. Some games that I know didn't have much traffic on the rest of the Internet were getting high degree ratings close to release, and I know that many people weren't interested in them.

Second, I don't like all the extra stupid stories like "Guy stole X360 from little kid" to "PS3's have dangerous chemicals" etc. They really have nothing to do with gaming, are negative and probably posted by fanboys of a different console anyhow, and shouldn't be on the sight.

Fernando said:

I'm a reader and poster of Joystiq.com, I love that site, the community and the writes, but I also like to visit n4g.com because the news appear very fast... but, what do you guys think about the comments?

The place is full of Sony fanboys, but they are very illogical and the comments are brain dead sometimes...

What do you guys think?

This is an example:

mgs4 could possible sale more then gta and halo3 on launch week.and the reason i say that is because its being bundled EVERYWHERE. and its also big EVERYWHERE.

halo3 isn't big in japan and neither is gta.

but mgs4 is so we will see. i predict about 500-600 thousand sales in the first week in japan.

about 2million in the first week in america.

and about 2.5 million for the first week in europe.

==>  these type of claiming can be found everywhere, even HERE !!

but N4G is still the best way to pick up piece of news. 

Time to Work !

N4G is the quickest one stop for industry related news. All articles are linked and it draws from the widest range of sources (including international sites), some almost so obscure that their legitimacy is at times questionable.

I've noticed a pattern that many of the news stories linked here were first linked on N4G, which leads me to believe a lot of VGC posters regularly check the site.

I rarely bother to read any of the commentary.

n4g is a great conveinient site for news updates. And as for the comments all being sony drones.. just think as it as a foil to this site's comments and gamspot's.