By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Bioshock: Truly worth the hype

sc94597 said:
Pretty good. I thought the story was complex for an fps. I have the pc version. I can't say how good the 360 version was.

I would say the pc version is better, because of the control scheme (mouse and keyboard rules!)

but still, they are both the same game.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
Ajax said:
ok.. I thought he has probably got a point.. but then he starts talking about stuff like the atmoshpere is the best ever created and then I ask.. are you sure?

yes, this is the only game where you actually want to find every little area, it is just interesting I think. I got a hold of me and I spend probably upwards of 30 hours in the game. My first, and only, playthrough.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
sc94597 said:
Pretty good. I thought the story was complex for an fps. I have the pc version. I can't say how good the 360 version was.

I would say the pc version is better, because of the control scheme (mouse and keyboard rules!)

but still, they are both the same game.

The PC version also looked better, if you had the hardware to drive it. The PS3 version should either look like the PC version, or better then that (as the dev's said they are improving the graphics).

I would not wait for the PS3 version however. If you have a strong PC or a 360 and have not played this game... go play it :p 

The PC version of Bioshock was great and the 360 version is as good as the PC version.

I heard it was short and the endings were very underwhelming.

Around the Network

Tbh..it wasnt really the type of game that would interest me usually. But i tried the demo and decided to buy the game. It is now one of my favourite games. Probably the atmosphere is what i most enjoyed about it. And (i think) the only game where i did go and get every achievement. It was far more enjoyable on Hard without the vita chambers imo.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

sorry dude. this game is overrated as much as mario galaxy. as i told you before the game is really good till fort frolic. The game just goes to shit after you kill andrew ryan. The game is so linear it made me throw up, i just didn't get the hype. It felt to me like metroid prime @ times, which ain't a bad thing, but it sucks when you realize its the spiritual successor of System Shock 2.

i hate the shoting.

Bioshock wasn't as impressive as System Shock 2.

Best atmosphere? That's highly arguable. On the FPS genre itself there are games I think have better atmosphere, such as System Shock 2, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

The art style of Bioshock though is sublime.

Ari_Gold said:
sorry dude. this game is overrated as much as mario galaxy. as i told you before the game is really good till fort frolic. The game just goes to shit after you kill andrew ryan. The game is so linear it made me throw up, i just didn't get the hype. It felt to me like metroid prime @ times, which ain't a bad thing, but it sucks when you realize its the spiritual successor of System Shock 2.

Arrggh!! Please don't make spoilers to me,I plan to buy the PS3 port,maybe for you is not a great game but I gonna give it a try,so don't say nothing from the history!!!