By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PC ports of 360 games = lower prices, better practicality?

Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
MrBubbles said:
reasons for console over pc

Screens- for most people the tvs they play on are better and larger than their PC screens
Comfort - not everyone has laptops or couches pulled up to their computer, meaning their computer chair is less comfortable than the couch or chair they could use to play a console game
Graphics - a lot of people have consoles that would make the game look better than their computers

Its convenient and simple.
And 360 gets me achievement points ;)

A little bit extra on cost (far less if you are waiting for a price drop to pick up the game) isnt such a big cost when looking at costs of making the computer experience more enjoyable.

Screens - You do realize that sitting a couple feet away from a widescreen monitor is the exact same experience as sitting 10 feet away from a big screen TV? I mean...exactly the same.
Comfort- My awesome computer chair begs to differ
Graphics- Wha?? Wrong argument there...

You're ignoring A LOT OF costs when it comes to console gaming, and a lot of price drops on both PC hardware and software. COD4 will probably be $30 in a few months compared to $50 on consoles, and almost EVERY PC game starts out $10 cheaper than PS3 and 360 games, guaranteed.  After buying 10 games in a year I've pretty much saved the equivalent of an awesome graphics card, making the console advantage worthless.

edit: And if you REALLY prefer a bigscreen TV...then get a cable from your PC to your HDTV...any video card made in the past half decade has TV-out and most HDTVs have VGA or DVI anyway. Hauling a big PC tower is only a little step up from hauling all your 360 or PS3 stuff around.

no, the PC monitor is better, it is a more personal experience.

plus the overall detail that a PC monitor can produce is at least 100% better. Even comparing a 50" 1080p TV versus a 24" PC Monitor that is 1440 by 900 the PC monitor comes out on top in detail available on screen.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I meant playing a medium grafx PC port of a 360 game with the 360 controller for lower cost instead of buying a 360 game with higher cost. I did not mean PC vs console for the thread topic. Anyway, GFW-Live do have cross-platform achievements with the 360--in re to Mr. Bubbles.

PC monitor comes out on top in detail available on screen.

Yes and this is a great thing if you want to read small text. For displaying a movie like gaming experience a TV across your couch is not worse.

people still actually buy PC games? :o

BCNR34 said:

HAHAHAHHA GOOD ONE>>> BOY THAT WAS CLEVER

HAHAHHAHAHA 

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
Around the Network

to answer the OP, yes that is exactly what I do, but not only with "medium gfx" games but "all gfx" games. I got my USB xbox360 controller, and my USB logitech dual shock ripoff (or did Sony rip off logitech?) My friends and I play NHL 08 on here. I got Viva Pinata, BioShock, I'll get Mass effect. I have basically every 360 game worth owning, so I have no reason to own 360!

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
BCNR34 said:

Yes.  Yes they do.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The thing that I hate lately about PC games is the very stringent copy protection. For example, I was planning on buying Bioshock for the PC, but then that whole SecuROM garbage that you have to go through if you want to install/re-install the game on your PC. I just ended up buying the game for the 360. Although, I generally prefer the kb/mouse combo, the 360 controller isn't that bad once you get used to it.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:

The thing that I hate lately about PC games is the very stringent copy protection. For example, I was planning on buying Bioshock for the PC, but then that whole SecuROM garbage that you have to go through if you want to install/re-install the game on your PC. I just ended up buying the game for the 360. Although, I generally prefer the kb/mouse combo, the 360 controller isn't that bad once you get used to it.

That's really a silly reason to not buy a game, and if you're that worried about DRM, just use Steam, which is far less intrusive and much more useful.  And you can always make backup discs of games you own on Steam if that's what you're worried about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

so far ive only got PC version of GeOW because it was on offer, i think if more people played online on it, the PC version would be better than the 360 version. Other games i normally buy on console as they have local multiplayer or are out first or have more populated online.