By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

wheeooo... that was one of the best threads I've read in a long time...

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Around the Network

I read this thread as it progressed through the night and laughed constantly.

Thank you Rocketpig.

I beat the game in 1P scenario mode yesterday.

As is pretty obvious, it isn't great. There are lots of flaws and issues with it.

However, it is playable, and is by no means a terrible game.

I was going to write up a review, but I can't be bothered.

I did want to say this though. While in fact the script really is truly bad, and quite a few of the voice actors get it wrong too (the guy that does Shane included), the one person that got it right was the voice of Duval. Yes, this guys deserves some credit, because despite the fact he has to act out some of the worst dialogue ever written, given the context of his character (as you know it after having beaten the game) he actually does a very good job of it, and is probably the only VA in the game that gets it right. Ultimately, he is believable as Duval, and pretty much everyone else in the game isn't belivable in their roles.

Anyway, my score for the 1P game offline would be a 6 or 6.5 out of 10.

I'm going to mess around with the online game between now and MGS4, when this game gets traded.

PSN - hanafuda

naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
I don't know why the 111 members currently online aren't all in here cheering you on. I've been refreshing this tab all day. I wish I had this game now. You play dead? You walk through minefields and a vehicle appears for you?

Does anybody know how much this game cost with or without the advertising?

Out of those 111 members, at least 10 of them are probably site administrators saying "oh fuck, what the hell is this asshole doing now..."

BTW, I <3 everyone on the administrative team at VGC. They give me way more leeway than I would give myself if roles were reversed.

You're welcome.

See, I have to be drunk to even tolerate dual analog controls.  If I'm sober I can't help but feel like I'm trying to stick the circle peg in the square hole.  They just don't... work.  It's even sadder that because of how crappy they are, devs are constantly compenating for it (dubming down console AI, speed, and adding auto-targeting or auto-aim).  

PC controls have spoiled you and Wii controls are spoiling you even more.  Tsk tsk.

BOOSH!

... and Round 2 begins. I'm gonna finish this bitch tonight.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Still pretty sober... Game still not very good.

I would like to know what Mantel makes their stuff out of... The soldiers go down faster than a Stormtrooper with a twisted ankle while the tanks require roughly ten rounds from an RPG to blow up.

The tank crews must love that shit. BOOSH!

I don't think it is as bad as everyone is saying it is. hopefully the xbox marketplace will get a demo.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
I don't think it is as bad as everyone is saying it is. hopefully the xbox marketplace will get a demo.

Honestly, if you're a 360-only owner, you are missing nothing. I could list ten 360 shooters better than this game. It's not even close to a game like The Darkness and that's widely considered to be a low second, high third tier shooter on the 360.

Haze isn't a terrible game but it's not any good either. Better than a 4.5, but not by much.

Strategyking92 said:

It's terrible, script, voice acting, terribl, game mechanics, graphics,terrible AI,etc. 5/10

Bloody hell, this game is sloppy. It's not even designed with Full Black settings in mind. I have one of the highest contrast DLPs on the market and anything dark turns into the night vision goggle scene from Silence of the Lambs... The only problem is that I'm playing the game from Jody Foster's perspective. I can't see shit.