By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Left 4 Dead Gone Til' November *tear*

DMeisterJ said:
I keep on confusing Left 4 Dead and Alone in the Dark.

Thats criminal.

They are both looking amazing but are NOTHING alike. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Valve are one of the best developers in the world. I couldn't care less if the graphics are last gen, its still going to be awesome.

SpartanFX said:
I just don't get left 4 dead ,,,,Honestly from the graphics point of view it looks like a PS2/Xbox game.the gameplay is also what we have seen millions of times,,,,,well co-op zombie shooting is fun but the setting and the environment and graphics are not on par with Gears of war at alllll.

This is a Valve game... the gameplay is not what we've seen millions of times.  Read the previews from those who have had in-depth experience with the game.

DMeisterJ said:
I keep on confusing Left 4 Dead and Alone in the Dark.

One looks sketchy and might save a publisher from the brink of destruction while the other looks to be another kick-ass title from the best FPS developer on Earth. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Strategyking92 said:
lol resistance 2, killzone 2 ;against left4dead and GoW2

No-brainer prediction of the day:

Left4Dead and Gears 2 absolutely annihilate R2 and KZ2 (even though sony pushed back KZ2).

You've got Valve being Valve and Epic touting their finest franchise (sorry UT fans, those days are done). I still want to play R2 but those are some serious heavyweights to compete against. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Strategyking92 said:

Left4Dead and Gears 2 absolutely annihilate R2 and KZ2 (even though sony pushed back KZ2).

You've got Valve being Valve and Epic touting their finest franchise (sorry UT fans, those days are done). I still want to play R2 but those are some serious heavyweights to compete against.
As a whole, I agree [edit: with the side you picked to win].  Individually, I think it's far from guaranteed that the second Gears will outperform the second Resistance game.  In fact, RFOM has comparable (but better) legs compared to Gears -- it's only the fact that RFOM apparently had NO launch spike that gives Gears its huge total sales advantage.

KZ2 is pretty much a complete unknown at this point, in terms of whether it will be able to compete with heavy hitters like the other three.  But I think it's extremely unlikely that it'll be able to match L4D, hence my agreement with your prediction.  But at the same time it won't be the overall victory lap you seem to imagine.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

rocketpig said:
Strategyking92 said:

Hmm Yeah lets see - Valve + Epic vs Insomniac and Gearbox.

I would predict Left 4 dead and Gears of war to will sell between 8-12million copies between them. They will both have awesome multi and single player gaming and they aren't direct competitors like KZ2 and R2, which is why KZ2 got pushed back.

Tease.

I don't see Left 4 Dead in the same category as Gears 2 anyway. Gears fans will buy Gears and Valve fans will buy Left 4 Dead, and there will plenty shooter fans buying both.

And yeah, I'm not going to even bother addressing Spartan's comment...if he doesn't see why Left 4 Dead is actually very revolutionary, then I'll wait until he can play it to say "I told you so."

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I can't wait to play Left 4 Dead on PC. That's the only shooter that will be on PC out of the 4 mentioned above...at least it will be a few months before Gears is.

Final-Fan said:
rocketpig said:
Strategyking92 said:

As a whole, I agree [edit: with the side you picked to win]. Individually, I think it's far from guaranteed that the second Gears will outperform the second Resistance game. In fact, RFOM has comparable (but better) legs compared to Gears -- it's only the fact that RFOM apparently had NO launch spike that gives Gears its huge total sales advantage.

KZ2 is pretty much a complete unknown at this point, in terms of whether it will be able to compete with heavy hitters like the other three. But I think it's extremely unlikely that it'll be able to match L4D, hence my agreement with your prediction. But at the same time it won't be the overall victory lap you seem to imagine.

At the same time I think R2's sequel boost will be slightly offset by R1 being a launch game... and the only good FPS on PS3 for a while.