By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - RED RING OF DEATH

sharing the love?

Around the Network

Never encountered a RROD on my Xbox 360 I owned:

1) Xbox 360 Premium- Power Brick broke
2) Xbox 360 Elite- nothing wrong with it I just traded it in for a used 60GB PS3
3) Xbox 360 Elite- bought again, disc tray noise, traded it in for a 80GB PS3
4) Xbox 360 Arcade- Fine console, has 65nm CPU and the disc tray is quiet.

So my experience with Xbox 360's have been positive as in regards to RROD.

ecurbj said:

2) Xbox 360 Elite- nothing wrong with it I just traded it in for a used 60GB PS3

well, i hope it stays positive for the both of us.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
ecurbj said:

well, i hope it stays positive for the both of us.

It will be positive. The majority of RROD come from the 90nm GPU on the Xbox 360.

The heatsink model is bad and there isn't much ventitalation for the 90nm GPU to breath.

For crying out loud, Microsoft put the DVD drive on top of the 90nm GPU heatsink. Such a poor design they should of knew that a 90nm will generate a lot of heat.

I think since the 65nm CPU in the Falcon motherboards are now standard. That means less heat in the console which means more air to be exhaust out of the GPU heatsink, which results less hot air in the Xbox 360 :)

I'm telling you from me as a Falcon motherboard owner. My Xbox 360 games come out the disc tray cool rather than hot!!

mine came from october..... so I don't know... one of my games already got ate up by my 360 (partially due to my own stupidity though, I moved the console from verticle to horizonal while the game was in)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

The funny thing with RRoD is it's actually the design of the wind tunnel. Where the DVD drive comes over GPU it means the wind tunnel on that side is thin. The GPU generally runs alot hotter because of this. And as it's next door to the CPU it heats the solders round the CPU to. Next time you play your 360 after about half an hour put your hand at the back of the console the fan closest to the Power input will be displacing hotter air and more of it. Thats from the CPU. The other you will notice has less heat, this is because it cant drag out as much form the GPU due to the wind tunnel design. Which is why I'm Modding a 360 instead of buying new. I can guarantee no RRoD and monitor the Temp of both CPU and GPU. :)

Sucks dude, i hope they don't take too long sending you a fixed, or new one.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina