By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Im Switching Boradband Help!

were switching to a new ISP as BT are awull, what i need to know is who is best for gaming! i can get most ISPs here, but im not sure whos best, O2 and Plusnet are the best ive seen so far, any advice would be welcome! i also need to know what sort of limit i need, will 15gb be enough for upto 12 hours a day?

Around the Network

well, i use virgin media 2meg it works fine with me, online gaming works on psn.

i hear they will upgrade speed for free soon but it does the job.

best to have a look around to see what suits you

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

How much do you want to spend a month? For £30 a month plusnet will give you an 8meg pipe with 30gig, line rental and evening and weekend calls.
What ever you do stay away from:
AOL, TalkTalk, Orange and Tiscali.
Check out here- http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

I use AOL wireless I can download around 520 KB/s at best ( which is pretty good compared to what i got before ) and I don't think there's a monthly download limit.

Edit : i've been murdering my download limit for like the past 3 months I hope AOL d doesn't kill me with the bill.

Around the Network

I would reccommend Virgin, myself.

I have an unlimited bandwidth (subject to 'fair usage', of course), and an 8mb connection - for the same price as what we were paying for 1mb four years ago.

Although, I hear that you can get quite a good deal with BSkyB, with TV, Internet and Phoneline for ~£30 p/m

The Sky deal is good but doesn't include line rental.

PS360ForTheWin said:
were switching to a new ISP as BT are awull, what i need to know is who is best for gaming! i can get most ISPs here, but im not sure whos best, O2 and Plusnet are the best ive seen so far, any advice would be welcome! i also need to know what sort of limit i need, will 15gb be enough for upto 12 hours a day?

Never had any problem with 20meg Virgin Media, unlike their TV service which has caused me problems.

If you have Sky already that is going to be the cheapest option by far as it starts at £0 per month for an 8meg connection with 2 other services avaiklable at £5 and £10 per month. 

i use BE 24 meg and they are crap stay away from them, the wireless modem is shit if the pc is more then few feet's away the connection slows down to 56k speeds.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

thanks for advice, im still undecided, but my dad suggested o2, they have a deal where u can get 8mb and ulimited for £12.50 p/month, i found some links that said it was good for gaming too, anyone have o2