By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - No Spring dashboard update, underperforming XBLA titles to be removed...

bye-bye yaris.....

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
The part I found most interesting was:

"Finally, we are also going to be putting our money where our mouth is here and are launching a new fully funded 1st party studio which will be focused on high quality digital content creation."

They always catch a lot of flak for not having enough in-house development, and as such, relying mostly on third-party games. I'm excited to see what this new studio will bring to the table.

Movies and episodes of crap... no I kid you not, the studio will not work on games..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Bored4life said:
This is bad for small developers.
The advantage of downloadable software is that even though the sales may drop off the product can still sell to those who want it for years to come without having to hope that retailers may still have the game on the shelves.Even if the later sales are tiny there is virtually no loss since solid media isn't involved.
Given the rigid tastes of the gaming media using the current rating system can be very misleading.
It basically says that anyone who doesn't make a game to suit these elitists will be ignored.
Read the part where they said this will focus the catalogue on larger,more immersive games.
This will only lead to sure-hit genre titles and stifle innovation.

If small developers create "CRAP".. then yes, this would be bad for them.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

@Makingmusic: Ah. I had only read what was in the OP. You're right, then

@Gebx: Why on Earth would Microsoft, a hardware and software company only, make a new studio to make TV shows and movies that are only downloadable on XBL, when they only have established movies and shows on there to begin with? And if you're talking about getting already-known shows on there, you DO NOT make a new studio for that.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I heard somewhere... oh wait, that was sony! aren't they making shows for the PSN?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive