By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Motion controller & Mii Confirmed! M$ will Win the war eventually!

disolitude said:
Much better graphics, online, ability to play DVD's, completely different games, hard drive, movie downloads...I can keep going...

Much better graphics, online, ability to play DVD's, completely different games, hard drive, movie downloads have been available for 2 1/2 years and yet consoles starting a full year later are catching up while Xbox 360 sales are stagnating  in the markets they have penetrated and it has failed to penetrate the others. So becoming a Wii wanabe is going to change anything?

The only people that will benefit from this desperate act will be Sony because at least they have a vision. They only people hurt will be Microsoft for proving that they don't.

Around the Network

2 years too late imo.

at best MS can hope that 3rd party ports games from the wii (read ps2 xD) to the 360. in terms of support this is like MS launching a new console except nintendo will have a 30-40 million unit lead. they only way i see this having any chance of working is if the wii is still supply constraint when the newton is released.

Euphoria14 said:
Does anyone honestly see this as having potential in disrupting Wii sales and/or increasing 360 sales? If so, Why?

I believe disruption requires actual innovation.

the same old microsoft. they dived into OS developing because of Mac OS, Internet Explorer because of Netscape, XBOX because of Playstation, and the latest: Mii because of Wii.. LMAO..

trestres said:
I smell epic failure

I don't smell epic failure.

I smell shit (this idea)

Around the Network
Grampy said:
Euphoria14 said:
Does anyone honestly see this as having potential in disrupting Wii sales and/or increasing 360 sales? If so, Why?

I believe disruption requires actual innovation.

That is the way I feel.

I see this being a failure. As I said quite a few posts up, it just really seems as though Microsoft does not know what they want this console to be.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

That didnt sound like a confirmed anything. Just more rumours.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
That didnt sound like a confirmed anything. Just more rumours.
Everyone have been talking it, since the very begining & all of the source called the device 'Newton' & it is related to Banjoo & Kazooie. What a coincidence! Microsoft is the only console that don't have motion-sensing, that's the biggest reason enough to believe it and why they are desperately wanting to develope this technology.

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

wow...so since everyone talks about it, it MUST be true right?
This whole topic is nonsense until there is a real confirmation.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

This better be true since so many people have been talking about it.
I understand of the X-mote, but still confused about Mii - what's it supposed to do?

I'm for sure gonna get into it. I hope it doesn't cost that much. I'm already spending my PS3 money to buy a new set of golf clubs.