By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Motion controller & Mii Confirmed! M$ will Win the war eventually!

ookaze said:
This gen is comedy gold. Well, this thread is comedy gold too. Especially the MS supporters.

Seems like MS still doesn't understand that vaporware doesn't work when your competitor has its product already out and extremely popular: it's too late!
I still say it will be an epic failure if it is even released. Like Viva Pinata, like Blue Dragon.
Let's see, do we have all the bases covered:
- Casual game => Viva Pinata : Epic Failure
- JRPG to win Japan => Blue Dragon : Epic Failure
- Vaporware to stall competition => Xmote : Epic Failure
- Profit for the XBox brand => 6.5 billions in the hole : Epic Failure
- Mascot for the console => None before the Moes (Mii clones) come : I can preditc the Epic Failure too

MS is on track to accomplish their three last decades success in other market than their cash cow Windows: Epic Failure.
And delusional people (omoneru?) that are still in the first stage of grief. Boy, the fall will be even harder to endure.

Seems more like you do not understand MS's strategy and have zero knowledge about how they used to conquer market segments they initially had no presence in in the past decades. MS probably knows that it is too late to catch Nintendo. Do you really think MS doesn't know this?

- Viva Pinata sold decently, and gives 360 owners the choice to play something else than a shooter.
- Blue Dragon was supposed to single-handedly win Japan? Who said that? In the week it was released in Japan, 360 numbers spiked to unbelievable 40.000 sold consoles, an amount that has never been reached again afterwards until now. It also gives 360 owners the choice to play something else than a shooter.
- Read my post above. If done right, it could add to the current success of the 360. You fail to recognize that one of MS's particular strengths is to adapt successful products of its competitors, improve them, and sell them under a new name.
- It doesn't matter how many losses a product has generated in the past, as long as it is profitable in the present and the future. Grillboys often (intentionally) forget that.

MS is next to Nintendo a big winner in this generation, while Sony is the big loser. By the end of this generation, MS will have doubled its installed hardware base compared to the previous generation, while Sony's will have halved.

Is that an epic failure?

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

I'm not surprised or upset by this but I do see this as a very bad mistake by Microsoft ...

The fact that it is an add-on that is being released well after the Wii has become (super) popular, on a system which is too expensive and has too little content for the kind of "Blue-Ocean" gamer they're trying to attract. What this means is Newton add-on is potentially going to be one of those public disasters which brings the image of a brand way down.

Could you please stop flinging the jargon. You're preaching to the unconverted.

Seriously though.

If A. Motion controls are good.

Then B. Motion control emulation would work well for microsoft.

Because C. If motion controls were not a good idea it would certainly fail.

Tease.

Ok, seems like noone that responded here mentioned this (or know this maybe)

1. The Wiimote is technology that Nintendo is licensing from someone else, they don't own it, and like rumble, anyone can pay to license it to use with their product.

2. Microsoft did a motion controller years ago, in 1996 I think, it was called the sidewinder freestyle pro...Google it, you'll find it.

Will this hurt Nintendo or help Microsoft? No, I don't think so.

I till think the Xbox and Wii are 2 different types of gaming systems and not direct competitors of each other. I like the Wii, the 360 and PS3 but the 360/ps3 has about the same relation to the Wii as the tickle me elmo doll with Transformer action figures

I wonder what would happen if the Xmote is noticably better than the Wiimote?

Tease.

if MS doesn't push this out into peoples homes, we could be seeing another eye toy...

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I would hope the Xmote is technologically noticeably better than the Wii-mote. It will be "two years later".

I also hope FPS's on the 360 are backwards compatible with the Xmote.
That'd be a great selling point: an instant boost in the useable software.

Here's hoping!!!

montrealsoon said:
I would hope the Xmote is technologically noticeably better than the Wii-mote. It will be "two years later".

Here's hoping!!!

The best chance will be Epic in GOW1/2. They will want to include support for it in their engine and what better way to add in than by including it in their Unreal Engine 3.5 demo game?

Heres hoping too, that they do it well.

BTW wasn't support for motion controlls added in the last update?

Tease.

Hehehe! What's next Microsoft? MS Balance Board.......

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Squilliam said:
montrealsoon said:

Here's hoping!!!

The best chance will be Epic in GOW1/2. They will want to include support for it in their engine and what better way to add in than by including it in their Unreal Engine 3.5 demo game?

Heres hoping too, that they do it well.

BTW wasn't support for motion controlls added in the last update?

i could be wrong, but i think the spring update expected was cancelled.

is that where it was supposed to be introduced? 

if this is true expect 360 sales to die, none will buy a cheap moneygrabbing imitation. this will mean total Lifetime 360 sales will be lucky to hit 22m