By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your most hyped games?

I can remember 5 I remember dying over

1. The Sims, PC, 2000. I seen several trailers for it and could not wait. I was so excited, I literally lost sleep for a few weeks before...and I was pretty young back then! (lived up to sky high hype)

2. The Sims 2, PC, 2004...duh, it looked to be an improvement in every way to my (then) favorite game ever...my parents made me wait till a month after release to get it...I forget why but I remember being infuriated. (lived up to ultra hype)

3. Half-Life 2, PC, 2004...the original Half-Life was amazing, groundbreaking, and this looked to be the same way, awesome, I was so excited (blew away the hype, so great)

4. Black & White 2, PC, 2005...the original Black & White is still one of my favorite games, I loved the power to be a god and how so many different types of gameplay were incorparated, and the creature system, and just everything. Naturally I was pretty hyped for the sequel...really hyped. (did not live up to the hype at all, not even anywhere as good as the first game)

5. Super Mario Galaxy, Wii, 2007...when I first seen videos of this game in Spring 2006, I thought "I want to freaking play this game right now or I will go insane and die". I had NEVER played a Mario game at that point but I still thought it. Galaxy got me to try the other Mario games in preparation and thus I got a DS Lite that same year cause I realised how awesome Nintendo games were. I also got a Wii in November 2006...mainly for the reason that I thought Galaxy was coming out very soon after. (it didn't, but I'm glad, the extra polish is part of the reason it was so good)  I could not wait for this game, and was immensely hyped by the time Novemebr 2007 came out.

The only reason I did not explode in the days prior to its release is that my grandfather had a heart attack a few days before it came out. I got the game a day or two after release but still didn't play it till 2 days later when I knew my grandfather was okay and was coming home from the hospital. (he's fine now, and actually quit smoking finally) But besides that, I was so freaking hyped. When I finally learned my Grandpa was okay, I was so hyped for the few minutes getting ready to play the game. And yes, it did live up to the hype. And even surpassed it somehow. My favorite game ever.

And currently, I'm looking forward to Spore, PC, 2008. Looks like The Sims/Sims 2/Black & White/Civilization IV/Even a bit of Galaxy/Awesome. I cannot wait, I've been looking forward to it for 3 or 4 years now. Gonna be AWESOME! GOTY 2008!

So what about you?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

I'm looking forward to

fatal frame lV
disaster day of crisis

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

i forgot to add

madworld
red steel 2

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

5 games I was overly hyped for:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

2. Pokemon Gold & Silver

3. RollerCoaster Tycoon 2

4. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

5. RollerCoaster Tycoon 3

Twilight Princes has to be one of the most hyped games to date and I was a big fan of RCT (until 3 come out...). Where as I remember being so excited for Pokemon G/S that I saved up £2 pocket money for months so I could buy it on day 1!

As for now: Super Smash Bros Brawl (Europe), Okami, Soul Calibur IV, Final Fantasy IVDS, Final Fantasy XIII and Resident Evil 5.

Nothing was ever as hyped as Ocarina of Time. Every time they delayed it you could hear young children screaming out in pain (okay, maybe an exaggeration)

Loved how it finally came just in time for christmas ;)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Hmm.. Hyped... I'm not actually hyped at a game atm... I'm hyped at getting a console!!

I was quite excited about Dragon Quest VII years ago.

''Hadouken!''

And I'm getting more and more hyped about Street Fighter IV, I'm really looking forward to it.

''Hadouken!''

iron_megalith your spamming the thread....... :P

Hmm.. I've been hyped for loads of games over the years, but I guess Ocarina of Time stands proudly at number one :p. Ahh, the long and agonizing waiting.. I think I almost died from happiness when I finally got the game. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046