By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Impressive Parrot

Stray parrot talks way home

TOKYO (AFP) - A stray parrot was reunited with its owner in Japan after repeating his name and address at the local veterinary clinic that took it in, police said Wednesday.

Police captured the red-tailed African Grey parrot earlier this month after a woman called to say it was sitting on a fence in her backyard outside Tokyo, a Chiba police official said.

Police then handed the parrot over to a local animal clinic to take care of it.

In the beginning the parrot kept greeting people or singing popular children's songs, the officer said.

"Only 10 days after it was found did it start repeating a name and a street address," he added.

Police then matched the name with its owner, who was reunited with his parrot earlier this week.

"I'm glad I had taught him my address and name," the Yomiuri daily quoted him as saying.

The African Grey parrot is considered one of the most intelligent birds. Experts say it has the cognitive ability of a six-year-old.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080521/wl_asia_afp/japananimaloffbeat

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

That parrot is more intelligent than a lot of my friends..

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

That parrot is more intelligent than more than half of the world people

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!

It's not as intelligent as the African Grey parrot in the newest book of Micheal Crichton (Next) but it sure gets the parrot home (something that the parrot in Next should take notes about;))

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

Woah, that's so crazy, I just saw a local flyer up for a missing African Grey Parrot over here in PA. Wonder if there's a birdnapping ring going around or something.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her