By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CRYSIS Who?? -- NEW Killzone 2 Screens!! WOW!

NintendoMonopoly said:
Smeags, I can't play that. It's ultra-realstic graphic have reached the point of causing an uncanny valley effect. Not only is it ruining my suspension of disbelief, but also giving me "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within " flashbacks.

Just give it time good sir. All great art such as this goregous title needs to be taken in slowly. Savor the eye candy and behold the deliciousness of it all. Let your eyes dance upon the wonders of true art.

Perfection has never tasted so good.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
At one point they're gonna have to give us more than just screenshots. It does look very nice but if it's just Generic FPS #352 who gives a damn?

More then just screenshots?  Maybe you should go troll some other thread, you know nothing about what has been shown, there is many hours of footage of people playing this game. 

The game looks a lot better in motion then what the screenshots show, so maybe the rest of you guys should go else where since you know nothing of this game. 

so this beats Crysis in your opinion.... The only thing that kept me from thinking it was all monochrome was the yellow from the fire trail of the rockets and the blue lights on the APV. This doesn't even come close to Crysis.

Predictions
I will win the internetz
Smeags said:
NintendoMonopoly said:
Smeags, I can't play that. It's ultra-realstic graphic have reached the point of causing an uncanny valley effect. Not only is it ruining my suspension of disbelief, but also giving me "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within " flashbacks.

Just give it time good sir. All great art such as this goregous title needs to be taken in slowly. Savor the eye candy and behold the deliciousness of it all. Let your eyes dance upon the wonders of true art.

Perfection has never tasted so good.

I'm trying to absorb those intense visuals, but it just comes at you so fast, that gamers won't know what to think. Eyecandy doesn't even begin to describe it. More like eyecrack. For hardcore gamers, this type of phenomenal imagery is the equivalent of what speed racer is for little kids. Truly, breathtaking.

who gives a damn?

me? I really love "generic" FPS. I really really hate it if developers try to differentiate by adding shitty RPG elements, parallel dimensions you can switch between (Prey I am looking at you) etc.

Call of Duty4 was just a FPS. It didn't even have one of these cover features that are so en vogue now. And it was the best game I have yet played this generation. So give me a generic FPS I and many others love them. FPS are the most successful gaming genre because of a reason.

Now that doesn't mean that every FPS is good.

You need great graphics (Killzone2 has them)
atmosphere (looks promising)
great game mechanics, nice weapons etc. (hope so)
and a good story (doubt it)

I still think Resistance II will own it. (Also a generic FPS) but these screens look droolworthy.

Around the Network
Griffin said:
TruckOSaurus said:
At one point they're gonna have to give us more than just screenshots. It does look very nice but if it's just Generic FPS #352 who gives a damn?

More then just screenshots?  Maybe you should go troll some other thread, you know nothing about what has been shown, there is many hours of footage of people playing this game. 

The game looks a lot better in motion then what the screenshots show, so maybe the rest of you guys should go else where since you know nothing of this game. 

Says the guy with Killzone 2 logo in his sig...

I hope you're getting paid to advertise it as surely you haven't played it yet which would put you in the "know nothing" category too.

am i the only one that thinks crysis looks better than this?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

@johnsobas:

did you watch the gifs posted in the middle of this page?what do you think of the game in motion after seeing the gifs?I think it looks stuning,,,that said Crysis right now is the best looking game out there ,,I can see how people ,that love the green scenery in a FPS ,would like Crysis more.

Why is it that such a supposedly groundbreaking game (visually) is getting delayed in favor of 2-year cycle Resistance 2?

Can anyone say Shenmue?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

this looks nice, good job, and in motion, it rivals crysis