By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Fan interupts Dinner and tells Shane Kim His Thoughts

Travis is a regular guy who just happened to be at the right restaurant in San Francisco one evening last week. Looking up from his dinner table that fateful night, he spotted the Croal dreadlocks. He noticed Kim and thought he looked kind of familiar, somewhat Microsoft-related. He knew exactly who Crecente was.

Travis took action. He walked up to us. Interrupted us. Tried to figure out who we all were. Wanted to know, kindly, what we were all doing there.

We stonewalled. But I said, “Travis, you’re standing in front of two of the top guys involved in Xbox gaming. If you could make any request, what would you like to ask of them?”

And he made the following request of Shane Kim…

Travis asked Kim if Microsoft could please drop the Xbox marketplace points system. He said he wanted to pay real money for his downloadable Xbox 360 content.

Kim took Travis’ two cents (or is that 10 MS points?) under advisement.

I think everyone else was ready for Travis to end his visit, but I wanted one more piece of feedback from him. He was standing in front of Tsunoda, a man in charge of the “Gears of War” franchise. Surely, I suggested, he should seize this opportunity to make a request for that series.

Travis’ request: more color.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/05/20/xbox-fan-gets-chance-to-make-any-request-of-shane-kim-and-says/ 

Ah!...

That's awesome... 

What would you say/ask if you ran into Shane Kim ? 

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

buy 2k games...... or EA. (the ps3 can't win in america if they don't have madden)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

A few things:

1. Stop announcing Resident Evil 5 for the 360. We get it. The game is coming to the system.

2. You guys royally fucked up by passing on BioWare when they were available. Probably the best bang-for-the-buck western developer out there.

Those aren't really questions but to hell with it.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I would ask him if the rumors of the Newton were true.

I would ask the Gears of War guy for more colour or a spinoff so I could see the story from a different perspective.

Tease.

I would ask him if he heard anything about that new RE game coming to the 360.

Around the Network

1: Could you sign my ass? (if they agree I'd fart in their face)

EDIT: Sorry, it was seriously the first thing that came to mind.

rasone77 said:

ROFL  XDDDD,,,,,that was funny man

I think he might get the redeye for that

SpartanFX said:
rasone77 said:

ROFL  XDDDD,,,,,that was funny man

His eye might get RROD.

Tease.

Strategyking92 said:
buy 2k games...... or EA. (the ps3 can't win in america if they don't have madden)

So as a gamer you give them a business strategy. I guess this tells me you care more about the console war than the whole point of gaming. Do I have to state what that is? Playing video games!

If you really cared about gaming you'd ask them for a hardware update or an xbox arcade game to be made available. Instead you basically said "take Madden away from PS3 owners so they have to buy an xbox to enjoy that game so I can prove to everyone on the internetz that my console is better."

I know it was a short comment but there is a lot more to almost everything than what meets the eye. I'm seeing that more and more. 

Squilliam said:
SpartanFX said:
rasone77 said:

ROFL XDDDD,,,,,that was funny man

His eye might get RROD.

looool,,,good one