By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer Is Pretty Damn Stupid

I was just flipping through Game Informer to find some reviews of some games and a few previews. I read some of the reviews and thought "What the fuck?".

It criticized WiiFit for not being as good as other exercise programs. What the hell? Nintendo wasn't trying to create a fitness machine, just a game that can help shave a few ounces with fun. What? Did they expect to gain 6-packs from 10 seconds on it?

Oh, now this is just great. Here is a quote from their Mario Kart Wii review. "Losing the co-op antics of Double Dash is a severe disappointment". Is he serious? Is he honestly serious? What did that add except being able to hold twice as many items (which is possible in Mario Kart Wii by dragging the items)? All it did was screw with the weight class system. Light-weights would be the least common, and heavy-weights would be the most common in doubles. Why the hell is it a "severe disappointment"? Here are some other quotes. "(12 New Tracks and 12 Classic Tracks) Did they PLAY the game!? They also say "dumbing down" the turbo system, to prevent annoying snaking, was a "misguided desire to make it easier for grandma." I am disgusted. I will not say anything since it speaks for itself. One more. "This looks good... for a Wii game." This is true, but the "..." makes them seem like fanboys. They ultimately gave it an 8.5, but the context of it seems horrible.

And another article. "Where Are Wii?" They want to "address" the issue of where the Wii's are. They use the analysts of the industry. I don't know who Billy Pidgeon is, but they are using him in the same article as Pachter. Me thinks he is another stupid analyst. Pachter says that he hears no shortages in Japan and Europe so why are they stateside. He says that 720,000 Wii's should be shipped over to America instead of 450,000. He also says that Nintendo may be not releasing them over here due to the weakening of the US dollar. Ninty is stockpiling for Christmas and big games. There are OTHER places than Europe, America, and Japan. He is one of the stupidest things to ever curse the Earth, and Game Informer putting him in damages their reputation to a point of insanity.

There are many other retarded articles to go into, but I don't feel like doing it. There is a Wii shovelware article, and the Halo designer, James G., making the next Zelda.

This forum has helped me see how Game Informer is a pile of you-know-what. I never wish to read it again.

Feels good to finally have it off my chest. Discuss or agree.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
dtewi said:

I was just flipping through Game Informer to find some reviews of some games and a few previews. I read some of the reviews and thought "What the fuck?".

It criticized WiiFit for not being as good as other exercise programs. What the hell? Nintendo wasn't trying to create a fitness machine, just a game that can help shave a few ounces with fun. What? Did they expect to gain 6-packs from 10 seconds on it?

Oh, now this is just great. Here is a quote from their Mario Kart Wii review. "Losing the co-op antics of Double Dash is a severe disappointment". Is he serious? Is he honestly serious? What did that add except being able to hold twice as many items (which is possible in Mario Kart Wii by dragging the items)? All it did was screw with the weight class system. Light-weights would be the least common, and heavy-weights would be the most common in doubles. Why the hell is it a "severe disappointment"? Here are some other quotes. "(12 New Tracks and 12 Classic Tracks) Did they PLAY the game!? They also say "dumbing down" the turbo system, to prevent annoying snaking, was a "misguided desire to make it easier for grandma." I am disgusted. I will not say anything since it speaks for itself. One more. "This looks good... for a Wii game." This is true, but the "..." makes them seem like fanboys. They ultimately gave it an 8.5, but the context of it seems horrible.

And another article. "Where Are Wii?" They want to "address" the issue of where the Wii's are. They use the analysts of the industry. I don't know who Billy Pidgeon is, but they are using him in the same article as Pachter. Me thinks he is another stupid analyst. Pachter says that he hears no shortages in Japan and Europe so why are they stateside. He says that 720,000 Wii's should be shipped over to America instead of 450,000. He also says that Nintendo may be not releasing them over here due to the weakening of the US dollar. Ninty is stockpiling for Christmas and big games. There are OTHER places than Europe, America, and Japan. He is one of the stupidest things to ever curse the Earth, and Game Informer putting him in damages their reputation to a point of insanity.

There are many other retarded articles to go into, but I don't feel like doing it. There is a Wii shovelware article, and the Halo designer, James G., making the next Zelda.

This forum has helped me see how Game Informer is a pile of you-know-what. I never wish to read it again.

Feels good to finally have it off my chest. Discuss or agree.

I agree to an extent (Like "Good Graphics... for a Wii game), but I liked snaking. I personally thought that 2 riders was dumb.

Quote me on this:

THE DAY ZELDA IS MADE BY JAMES G. IS THE DAY I QUIT PLAYING ZELDA.

But seriously, I mainly have GI because of my EDGE card, and I like the game Previews, like GH4, and Red Steel before that. I also like the periphrial reviews. Software reviews... not as much...

To me snaking was a cheap skill that ruined online MKDS.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

That issue is what inspired me to start the thread about anti-Wii biased reviewers.

It sucks for sure.

To me, the unpaid analyst is smarter than the richest Pachter.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

While I agree that the MK review was stupid, I like GI's "What If..." series. It's fascinating to see how different developer leads would tackle popular gaming franchises. In some cases I find myself going "Wow, that's actually a pretty significant improvement over what we see now."

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Yes, but it is a HALO designer for a ZELDA game.

Am not compute.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

One of my staff a while back wrote a great article against Game Informer. Really exposed them for being anti-Nintendo.

More to the point, it discovered that Game Informer suggests their readers are anti-Nintendo and they play to that with their reviews, previews, etc...

The rEVOLution is not being televised

May you post this article?

Also, reading over the NPD sales charts with their little "jokes".

Paraphrase: I am impressed that a game that requies no skill whatsoever made number 1 this month. An angry dog could chew the controller and you can win.

It was SSBB, and that seemed like a biased piece of shit. They criticized Wii games in the NPD jokes, while made jokes on non-Wii games. Not biased jokes, but normal, random jokes.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

dtewi said:
Yes, but it is a HALO designer for a ZELDA game.

Am not compute.

Just because he was head of Halo 3 doesn't mean that's all he is capable of doing or that he isn't a big fan of the Zelda series.

While I didn't really care for his take on the game, some of his ideas for combat were interesting. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/