By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - european and australian wii owners, wiiware, first impressions?

So far i've downloaded my life as a king and lostwinds though not had a chance to play on them yet for one reason, damn storage space........... I had managed to cram 30+ vc games and all the available channels on my wii's internal memory up until today with 300 odd blocks spare without having to utilise my sd card but after downloading ffcc mlaak i only had a few blocks available so i spent 20 odd minutes copying my least played vc games to my sd card and erasing them off my wii memory so i could download lost winds....... alas after i'd downloaded lw i couldn't download any more ww games due to space so i've ended up copying and erasing all my vc games apart from my mario and zelda games which i've left on my wii memory as i play them all the time so i can download toki tori but once i download that there won't be any space for dr mario so i'm gonna have to copy erase some of my beloved mario and zelda games to my sd card, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've been so looking forward to wiiware for a loooooooong time but the lack of a decent amount of instantly accesible memory is a pain in the ass big time. Now is the time when nintendo has to address the storage issue as people don't wanna be going through the rigmarole of copying and erasing evertime they wanna download a new wiiware game or a new channel, with the everyones nintendo channel launching at the end of may in pal it's going to be even worse.

So what are your impressions on the new service and what would you improve? what would you like to see become available through wiiware? (i can't wait for ww lemmings) i'll post later in this thread when i get chance to play the games i've downloaded or am gonna download.

p.s i'm off work sick as a dog at the moment so wiiware launching today is an absolute godsend for me, lol.

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Around the Network
blink182 said:

p.s i'm off work sick as a dog at the moment so wiiware launching today is an absolute godsend for me, lol.

Another case of WW sickness? lol

I'm just waiting to finish work before I start downloading like crazy...I don't have any VC games so space isn't an issue with me, but I can see myself filling up the wii's memory pretty quickly  as more great wii ware games come out.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

I'm still in doubt if I should buy Lost Winds or if I should stick to learning for my college graduation exams ...

FaithRaven said:
I'm still in doubt if I should buy Lost Winds or if I should stick to learning for my college graduation exams ...

education and advancement should always be priority over video games but unfortunately it's very rarely the case, lol. I've had time off work before to play new games but unfortunately as i work as a video games advisor now a days i can't get away with it so much, lol. I remember the weeks leading up to wii launch day in pal i was begging and begging the section manager to let me have the day off to play my wii but he was adamant at having me there because of my enthusiasm for the product so i resigned myself to the fact that i'd have to wait till 7pm to experience the revolution for the first time but......... the day before it launched i casually asked the general store manager if i could have the day off and to my surprise he said yes, needless to say i wasn't the favourite employee when i went back to work on monday, lol.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

Damn!! thanks, forgot all about it.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

initial impressions of the three games i downloaded so far

first off toki tori is defo my favourite of the three so far, it encapsulates perfectly what i expected wiiware to be about but also harks back to the golden age of videogaming of the early-mid 90's. It's fun and quirky and has a fantastic learning/difficulty curve, only played the first 8 levels so far though. I suppose it's like a modern day puggsy if any of you guys can remember that game (was developed by psygnosis i believe on the megadrive) defo worth the 1000 wii points to down load

secondly lost winds, i've played for a good half hour and i gotta say it's rather enjoyable and utilises the wii remote and nunchuck fantastically. The game is very slow and sedate so far but it's very charming and the visual style is awesome, got me more excited for the release of soul bubbles ds.

last but not least my life as a king, definitely not a final fantasy game, lol, although i wasn't expecting that. It starts off very slowly and seems very spasmodic at first but already i'm seeing a lot of promise already and can see it's going to become very engaging. The visuals are beeautiful although at this point my city is rather bland as i've only got 5 houses and a bakery. There's a lot of depth with the families and your adventurers and talking to certain characters is quite rewarding, i think i'm gonna spend a couple of wii points downloading more races and dungeons if the game carries on engaging me like it has so far.

I'm still holding out on dr mario as i aint 100% sure yet so if anyones got it let us know your opinions.

overall a brilliant launch selection and a very very promising start for wiiware.

Still hoping that someday the wii points cards at the nintendo site are refilled so I can exchange my stars for wii points..

Wii code:                                        Mario Kart wii:
6586-0674-1620-6955                        0344-9880-0252
PM me if you added me and I'll add you:)

Self-proclaimed, biggest Resident Evil Fanboy of VGChartz!

FaithRaven said:

Provided you've played other puzzle-centric adventure games like the Zelda series I doubt it would take over three hours to finish it. So yeah, might be good if you're short on time currently.

Nintendo should release their own external HDD and price it cheap, and by cheap I mean the cost of manufacturing+packaging. I cant see another solution, maybe cheap high storage SD cards.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I got Lost Winds, Toki Tori and Dr. Mario.

Toki Tori easily is my favourite. It's a great puzzle game with nice visuals and sound/music, and it's challenging without being frustrating. There are 10 levels in each world that you have to go through. If you do, you get instant access to 7 hard levels in that world and access to the next world. If you get stuck somewhere, you can use a joker to skip that level. You get the joker back if you solve the level!

Dr. Mario: Since it's the first time I purchased Dr. Mario, I can't compare it to other versions. But it seems very good to me, online works fine. The germbuster mode where up to 4 people play coop with pointer controls is boring single player, haven't had the chance to play with friends.

I'm a little disappointed with Lost winds. I haven't played a lot of it because the other two titles seem to be a lot more fun. Eventually I'm going to play it, but atm I'm not enthusiastic.