By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2, too violent? Will it be banned in some countries?

Z-rating in japan? Is that equivalent to M in the U.S?
What is rating system like in Japan?

Around the Network

@Coca-Cola
I just got this from google.
Rating system in Japan:
Adult games are given a Z rating. The A rating is all ages, B is for 12 and up, C is for 15 and D is for ages 17 and over.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
Red4ADevil said:
selnor said:
Red4ADevil said:
Germany is always so strict with releasing games over there i feel sorry for the german gamers but they can allways import from their neighbors/countries.
 In no way am I slagging Germans here, I have 4 german friends. But this seems wierd considering the Hilter regime started the Massacre that was WW1 and 2.  

Im just saying, i can understand games like Heros 2 because you shoot nazis and such but not releasing a game like No More Heros (which is censord just like in the japanese version) is unfair for the gamers in germany.

!!!???? I can't believe these two statements.

Are there actual people on this planet who believe that some games are banned in Germany because you CAN shoot Nazis??

It's the other way round, guys. The extreme strict German "Jugendschutzgesetz" (roughly: legal protection for children and young persons) has to do with our history.

Don't pity German gamers, adults can easily import these games from Austria, that's not forbidden.

And btw: NMH was released in Germany.

selnor said:
Red4ADevil said:
Germany is always so strict with releasing games over there i feel sorry for the german gamers but they can allways import from their neighbors/countries.
In no way am I slagging Germans here, I have 4 german friends. But this seems wierd considering the Hilter regime started the Massacre that was WW1 and 2.

Hitler didn't start WW1, he wasn't even in government at the time.

Thats duymb they will be missing out on some great games but coldnt they just buy it offline lol

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network

I hread it was banned in gremany

It will be banned for having uncontainable amounts of awesomness. Kinda like Chuck Norris round house kicks.