By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2, too violent? Will it be banned in some countries?

I didn't even know Gears of War was banned in Germany.  Probably GoW2 will be banned there as well.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com/feature/gears-of-war-2-too-violent-for-some-/1212888

Gears 2 adds a reverse attack that actually slices an enemy in half -- from the groin upwards. 

Cool! 

Around the Network

It won't be banned in my country. Sorry to anyone if it gets banned in yours. It'll be your loss.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I didn't know either, but that move where you slice a guy in half (including from the groin up) is already in No More Heroes, but since that game was censored in Europe and Japan, I don't know. I know that it's comong to US though.

It wont be banned in the UK so i don't care.

it most certainly won't release in germany (like the first part), because it's even more brutal

Around the Network

Germans will still be able to order it from France or something.

Gears also got a Z-Rating in Japan..

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Fingers crossed it won't get banned in Aus (I don't have one anymore, but I have access to 360's I can play it on).

There might be a chance though because we don't have an "adult" rating here (legal age or higher, so for us 18+) and games that fall above MA15+ (The highest rating we have where games of that rating can only be purchased by 15+ year olds OR kids accompanied by parents).

Heh...thats funny. Was Turning Point:Fall of liberty also banned in germany?

sadly... all M games are banned in my country...damn politicians...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989