By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS-NBC writer questions GTAIV scores, gets RRoD, her playthrough delayed.

Finally a reviewer with balls, and it turns out to be a woman.

Around the Network

If they didn't get paid to give out 10s, I wonder why they did when the game is actually flawed... SSBB had flawed and the reviewers took it in consideration.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Grampy said:

Ballsey woman may be out of a job very soon.

Galaki said:
Grampy said:

Ballsey woman may be out of a job very soon.

Nah they'll wait a few weeks so its not too obvious...or maybe just "reposition" her such that she quits herself.

More likely is that nothing will come of it, one reviewer's voice is simply drowned out by the shouting of the rest so its not really going to impact anything unless it becomes a big deal.  If the review being negative gets picked up as a story in its own right and it catches on then she will probably get canned for sure. 

To Each Man, Responsibility

She reviewed a game with less than 10 hours played and she was "waiting for people to call"?

Yeah she hasn't played it at all.

Around the Network

Hmmm, looks like chick reviewers like to bowl, play pool and watch tv in GTA4. What a dumb-ass!!! How do you get bored after four hours - clearly she ain't playing the game properly.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

I'm thinking most of these low scored reviews are just trying to score extra website hits by being contraversial.

"Aren't we rebellious, most popular game of the year and we hate it. Tee Hee"

As much as this may surprise, yes it is popular but it is strongly targeted to young males who do make up a majority of game players. None the less there are others who find the game disgustingly violet, the humor sophomoric, and the whole game completely unappealing.

NJ5...

Exacly my situation.  My addiction to Mario Kart Wii is preventing me of playing more (any) of GTA.  But I'll play it eventually.... I think.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

San Andreas was hailed as the most awesomest bestest game evar when it first came out and it was probably the worst game in the series up until that point IMO. Vice City set the standards too high and it'll be hard to play another sandbox game with as much satisfaction as it was to play that.

So I can understand where this is coming from.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.