By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360: Week in review

wow, great useful and informative post eliasg

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
wow, great useful and informative post eliasg
I found it to be revolutionary.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Its a decent line up, but i think the ps3 one is better.

masterb8tr said:
I guess it comes down to personal opinion, but gone are the days when you could even remotely try to objectively place one console's line-up quality for this year above the others.

Welcome back starcraft.

The good thing is that the periodicals and hands-on impressions I have been reading about BK3 are very positive. GamesTM (a multiplatform mag usually a little biased to PS3) even made it their front cover story. There are also 2 videos on visits to Rare studios, which were more encouraging than the trailers (which I think they screwed up a little on the trailers and marketing during Gamers Day).

Also, it looks likely that Fable is going to see a December release, so Gears, Fable and BK3 are all coming around the same time. Hope its not too close or it will compete against each other.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
masterb8tr said:
I guess it comes down to personal opinion, but gone are the days when you could even remotely try to objectively place one console's line-up quality for this year above the others.

They are very similar, but I think that LBP does make a difference. While the PS3 doesn't really have anything to counter Too Human or Fable 2. It does have the 360 covered in most other areas, with R2, MS2, LBP and Buzz is quite unique and would appeal to the casual market along with Singstar and LBP

EaglesEye379 said:
Welcome back starcraft.

The good thing is that the periodicals and hands-on impressions I have been reading about BK3 are very positive. GamesTM (a multiplatform mag usually a little biased to PS3) even made it their front cover story. There are also 2 videos on visits to Rare studios, which were more encouraging than the trailers (which I think they screwed up a little on the trailers and marketing during Gamers Day).

Also, it looks likely that Fable is going to see a December release, so Gears, Fable and BK3 are all coming around the same time. Hope its not too close or it will compete against each other.

Thanks for the welcome.

I think Microsoft will avoid the perils of releasing all three on top of eachother.  Though they are vastly different genres, They don't want 60% of their line-up quality for this year appearing in one month. 

Don't forget Microsoft is announcing a karaoke game called lips apparently.

Munkeh111 said:
starcraft said:
masterb8tr said:

They are very similar, but I think that LBP does make a difference. While the PS3 doesn't really have anything to counter Too Human or Fable 2. It does have the 360 covered in most other areas, with R2, MS2, LBP and Buzz is quite unique and would appeal to the casual market along with Singstar and LBP

I forgot about Buzz. But I think Singstar's poor sales showed us that the PS3's price is still a long way from the kind of level necessary for games like that to make a difference.

Edit:  As toasty said, its looking like Microsoft will have "Lips" to counter Singstar, and they will have Scene it 2 for Buzz.  Still, I think it will be a while before any of those titles set the world on fire, both console's prices need to come down.

Munkeh111 said:

I actually want both LBP and BK3 to do amazingly. It would be great to have both the HD consoles show that they can make innovation really work.