By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Steve 3.2 said:
Since we're on the subject, I'd like to ask that the term 'gay' no longer be used to indicate that something is bad. A quick search of the forums shows the term used that way a number of times and it's offensive. Thanks.
Sorry Steve, while i understand your wish, "gay" when used by most non-mature gamers(majority), means "lame" and sadly it' is part of a wider lingo to defame a person or thing. Even PVP character Francis, a strip that is read massively, is using the term as a repeating joke. So you see it's casual (yet idiotic) for a Gamer to use the term. I don't think is going to stop because most people aren't even realising that they use in such negative way.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

wow I can't believe a post like this was made and everyone has been so cool about it.

yea I'm gay, but you probably wouldn't know it at first glance unless you have good gaydar. I'm one of those "reserved" gay men =P

Frozen said:

Fast question Fast Answer : Are you a gay?

Wouldn't you like to know.

it's interesting that so many people feel the necessity to "but I have gay friends" after their assertion that they are not gay. Like you would be taken as intolerant simply by claiming that you aren't gay, so you have to show how tolerant you are by mentioning your gay friends.

seeing everyone get defensive around this issue and skirting around political correctness really pisses me off, because the more people try to make it not an issue, the more they shove it in our faces. I know some gay people, some of them are cool, and some of them are arseholes. Whether they are gay or not makes no difference (except the gay arseholes tend to use their homosexuality as a weapon, which really pisses me off).

And to answer the original question, no.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
it's interesting that so many people feel the necessity to "but I have gay friends" after their assertion that they are not gay. Like you would be taken as intolerant simply by claiming that you aren't gay, so you have to show how tolerant you are by mentioning your gay friends.

Just like the Seinfeld episode where the reporter thinks Jerry and George are gay and they go way out of their way to correct the mistake all the while saying "not that there is anything wrong with that." to ensure they never offend anyone.

Around the Network
omgwtfbbq said:

seeing everyone get defensive around this issue and skirting around political correctness really pisses me off, because the more people try to make it not an issue, the more they shove it in our faces. I know some gay people, some of them are cool, and some of them are arseholes. Whether they are gay or not makes no difference (except the gay arseholes tend to use their homosexuality as a weapon, which really pisses me off).

And to answer the original question, no.

I stated it cause I like to type. I hate just posting really small posts. Even if the answer could be really short, and perfectably acceptible, I like to type and I like to read, so I merely guess there's others that want more than a 'Yes.' all the way down the list. Otherwise, it'd be just as easy to answer this with a poll question.

omgwtfbbq said:
Well personally, i have been asked by gays why i haven't got homosexual friends (that was before i made Gay friends) and i have being wrongfully accused as homophobic, just for the answer "I don't know, i just didn't meet anyone". They said i was living in my straight world, blocking out anyone different. So i try to make it PC, in case something simmilar happens.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

weezy said:
"Just tell them: "You're like a brother to me" before they get the chance to hit on you or express their feelings, isn't that universal code for "I'm not interested in anything even remotely sexual with you"?"

is that what the ladies tell you?

lol, joking buddy

Haha.... I never hit on female friends, I consider it disrespectful.

dpmnymkrprez said:
souixan said:
dpmnymkrprez said:
Naughty naughty, remind me of myself 10 years ago!
It's really sad how much pretending to be gay can help you get female attention. My friends and I did a social experiment about that in school a few years back.

I never said I was gay, or pretending, Weezy made the comment of being in between lolita and gzball

thats when i wrote Naughty naughty.etc. etc.

I probably implied that you did but I didn't mean to do so. Was just advancing the conversation in another direction. Sorry that was my mistake.

I'm not gay, but my boyfriend is!