By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF? Now, Ocarina of Time slaps back!

alright then.....strange, no reason to just up and delete a review though

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

Around the Network

I'm really confused...

People are reviewing ten year old games to keep it at the top of GameRankings in some sort of pissing contest... It's a shame that it's that serious.

People playing games.

People watching the order of games on gamerankings.

im tried of hearing about this. i dont think gta deserved those scores that it got. it was nothing new. its pretty much an expanded version of san andreas. it was all hype surrounding it that pushed review scores.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

it was nothing new.

Nobody said it is. But contrary to believe good scores have nothing to do with being "new" but with being good. I mean Galaxy got similar scores and it's even more of an evolutionary game. And GTA4 is an awesome game. Not the best I have played this gen but awesome nonetheless.

Many of you are overreacting to this. This is what happened:

1. GameRankings changes the score from Cubed3 for Ocarina of Time from 9.9 to 9 because GameRankings think the score was entered wrong.

2. GameRankings realizes that the score was originally entered correctly, but that Cubed3 has decided to now only show truncated scores. GameRankings changes back to the original score (9.9) to be more accurate/precise.

3. GameRankings removes the score from Adrenaline Vault because that site is no longer running (the current "Adrenaline Vault" is not the one that reviewed Ocarina of Time)

That's it. There's no conspiracy or lack of integrity on GameRankings' part.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)
Kyros said:
it was nothing new.

Nobody said it is. But contrary to believe good scores have nothing to do with being "new" but with being good. I mean Galaxy got similar scores and it's even more of an evolutionary game. And GTA4 is an awesome game. Not the best I have played this gen but awesome nonetheless.

This is why I like the 5 star system. It doesn't matter what's on top. If it's 5 stars, it's awesome.

Although it would be hard to agree on what exactly is a 5 star game. The though that Wii Sports could be would drive some up a wall. Or some would insist classic games are rated on nastalgia, rather than quality.

Of course the best solution is to agree to disagree.  

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

agabara said:
Many of you are overreacting to this. This is what happened:

1. GameRankings changes the score from Cubed3 for Ocarina of Time from 9.9 to 9 because GameRankings think the score was entered wrong.

2. GameRankings realizes that the score was originally entered correctly, but that Cubed3 has decided to now only show truncated scores. GameRankings changes back to the original score (9.9) to be more accurate/precise.

3. GameRankings removes the score from Adrenaline Vault because that site is no longer running (the current "Adrenaline Vault" is not the one that reviewed Ocarina of Time)

That's it. There's no conspiracy or lack of integrity on GameRankings' part.

Does gamerankings have a page for those kinds of updates? If not, they should, just to avoid confusion. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

I have lost all interest in this bollocks.

not that it was particularly hard to lose no interest.