By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Little Big Planet To be SONY's Super Smash Bros??

scottie said:
darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33695.html

If you havn't seen the Killzone LBP Trailer the link is above me..

This trailer made me think that maybe LBP got delayed for this reason....maybe SONY delayed it to yes get more levels in (50 lvls on the disc is the rumor now)

But maybe the other reason was to in a way Get all SONY characters and one of their lvls representing their world into the game.

Maybe they got the devs of those games or got media molecule to co-operate with those studios to make at least one lvl from key SONY franchises..

I'm talking about ---- Kratos with a Greek Mythology themed level

Racthet and a level in his city

Solid Snake and a level in Shadow Moses maybe (3rd party I know but seen as a SONY franchise)

Cloud, Sephiroth & an FF7 themed level

AND so on...

The idea is great & if SONY put things like these into Little Big Planet it will be HUGE!

________

What do you think, is this the hint the new trailer has given us, is a SONY Smash Bros heading our way disguised under a different name??

LOL! Key Sony franchises??

Kratos - fair enough

Ratchet - fair enough

MGS is third party, associated with Sony

FF is 3rd party, associated with Nintendo (face it, we had all the good FF games, and will be reclaiming the series soon)

Sony does not have enough suitable franchises (ie GT is popular but you can't get a character or level from it) to pull off a Smash bros equivalent

Disclaimer: I really like the looks of little big planet, and will buy it and a PS3 eventually

Daytona

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
scottie said:
darthdevidem01 said:

This trailer made me think that maybe LBP got delayed for this reason....maybe SONY delayed it to yes get more levels in (50 lvls on the disc is the rumor now)

But maybe the other reason was to in a way Get all SONY characters and one of their lvls representing their world into the game.

Maybe they got the devs of those games or got media molecule to co-operate with those studios to make at least one lvl from key SONY franchises..

I'm talking about ---- Kratos with a Greek Mythology themed level

Solid Snake and a level in Shadow Moses maybe (3rd party I know but seen as a SONY franchise)

AND so on...

The idea is great & if SONY put things like these into Little Big Planet it will be HUGE!

________

What do you think, is this the hint the new trailer has given us, is a SONY Smash Bros heading our way disguised under a different name??

Kratos - fair enough

Ratchet - fair enough

FF is 3rd party, associated with Nintendo (face it, we had all the good FF games, and will be reclaiming the series soon)

Sony does not have enough suitable franchises (ie GT is popular but you can't get a character or level from it) to pull off a Smash bros equivalent

Disclaimer: I really like the looks of little big planet, and will buy it and a PS3 eventually

Daytona

What? What are you talking about?

Seriously. So far alot of fail has been coming out of your mouth in this thread.

Put your bias aside for a minute so you don't look like you've lost your mind!

SSJ12 you are a riot.

Well Sony owns a lot of recognizable characters, some more than others:

Jak and Daxter
Ratchet and Clank
Kratos
Sly Cooper
SackBoy
Nathan Drake
Nathan Hale
Gabe Logan
Nariko
Helghast

As well as some unnamed characters like
MediEvil guy
ISA soldiers (maybe more of a focus on Sev this time around will help recognizability)
ICO or Wanda, whatever his name was
SOCOM soldiers
HSG characters
Infamous dude

Compare that list with the ones they had when the PS2 came out.

Gabe Logan
MediEvil guy
Crash (sold)
Spryo (sold)

Probably some others I'm forgetting too, what they all have in common though is that none of them are mascots, when I say Halo or Master Chief, you think of the XBox brand, when I say Mario or Zelda, you think of Nintendo, maybe the closest Sony got is Jak and Ratchet, or maybe even Kratos, but it's not quite up there yet.

However Sony is getting itself quite a nice collection of recognizable characters though.

PDF said:
my thread with polls for this issue got locked. I hate it when mods do that with no chance for me to defend the reason of the thread. It wasnt a dupe thread but one so we could get poll to see what people thought.
I even credited this thread.

If your thread is how you say it is, send me a link in a PM. I'll unlock it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

When I saw the thread title and entered the thread, I was like, oh god, I'm going to have to read "but SSBB sold lots and we don't know what sales LBP will have" like that's the OP's point, and "SSBB was a fighter and LBP isn't" like that's the OP's point.  Check and check, and on down the predictable OT line.

I never dreamed that I'd see selnor's bare "LBP is nothing like SSBB" though.  I agree, and add that it's still yet to be determined which will be a better game.  I definitely think LBP has a great chance to be a brilliant new kind of experience.

My roommates are all back to playing Melee because they say Brawl is broken, has too short hit-stun times, has worse controls than Melee, and is broken.  There, some OT for y'all.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
scottie said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I'm talking about ----
Kratos with a Greek Mythology themed level
AND so on...

What do you think, is this the hint the new trailer has given us, is a SONY Smash Bros heading our way disguised under a different name?

Kratos - fair enough
Ratchet - fair enough

Daytona
The Sega game?

On topic:  let's all forget the OP's poor analogy and focus on whether or not it would be cool for LBP to ship with levels starring all of Sony's memorable first-party stuff and all the big third-party stuff that has cool owners (yes), and how cool it would be. 

On a related note, I expect a user-created Super Mario Bros. clone within a week of LBP's release. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

just as a note the official sony mascot is toro

"Toro (井上トロ), also known as the Sony Cat, is a fictional character created by Sony Computer Entertainment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toro_(cartoon_character)

skip said:

just as a note the official sony mascot is toro

"Toro (井上トロ), also known as the Sony Cat, is a fictional character created by Sony Computer Entertainment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toro_(cartoon_character)

I completely forgot about Toro.

Answer to the OP: NO! Not even close. I don't think this game will come even close to the hype when it comes to sales and popularity. It probably has a chance to match the hype when it comes to gameplay though. I just don't see how this game will sell as many copies as people are predicting it will, when it appears to be more suited for the Wii demographic, not the PS3s. Just my take on things.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!