By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Serious question - Can you play Wii Fit on your butt?

I have a friend who is a quadrupal amputee and I had the idea that maybe he could play Wii fit at least. I heard its about balancing on the Wii board and there are games you can play.

So could someone please (Im being serious) Sit on the Board and only move your weight with your upper thighs and tell if the game is playable like that! If you can tell me how many of the game modes work that way it'll be great!

Tease.

Around the Network

maybe some but not all of the games included. push-ups, yoga would be impossible but things like the soccer head butting one might work.

Haha, great question.

I'm trying it right now. The Heading game (football headers) is actually easier to play with one's butt than the normal way! It's just not very confortable as the board is quite hard.

I'll tell you more soon.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

First I was sitting like this (except the arms were relaxed atop the knees).

Then I realized it's better to sit like this (again, arms relaxed, no need for stretching).

The first way is fine to play games which only involve sideways interaction (such as football headers and ski slalom), but with the second way you can also play games which involve interaction in all directions (such as Balance Bubble or Table Tilt).

Oh god, sorry, I didn't notice the amputee part. Can your friend balance properly and lean forwards, back, and sideways? If so, he should be able to play some games like I did.

Around the Network

The Tightrope game also works, I could even perform the jump by pressing down.

He can lean a little, but obviously not too far. So long as its sensitive I think he can do it. I can't test myself as the game hasnt made it to my country yet!

Thanks for your help, it sounds like he'll be able to play games again.

Tease.

Oh yea, how many buttons does it take to play Mario Kart? Is there a way to fix throttle and just steer?

Tease.

could fix the throttle with tape, that is not the problem. he'd have problems with starts- ie he'd stall out all the time.

quadruple amputeee = no hands how would he steer? how much of the arms does he have left, if he has to just beyond the elbow (has elbow) it shouldn't be too hard to hook up something. but if he is missing most of the arm. it'd probably be a bit too hard for the wiiwheel....

thanks, yea he has some freaky leg things built from what was left of his legs, he does kinda have hands there and he has his arms amputated at the shoulders.

I was hoping to stick the wii mote on a hat and stick the hat on his head lol!

Tease.