By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I must admit, I am liking the Xbox 360 this gen

So I have always Identified myself more on the Sony side.  Not so much because of a corporation, but because of the flagship titles.  I love Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and GT, but I don't like Gears and Halo at all.  That's what it seemed that all Xbox fans liked.  When Halo 3 came out (which I bought and sold a week later after beating it), everyone always asked me "How do you like Halo?" when I told that I owned the console.  I really bought it for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata - when the jRPGs were starting to roll out.

Now I'm playing Lost Odyssey again (took a hiatus during the university semester), and I love the game to death.  I'm as equally excited about Ninja Gaiden, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia.  While Japan has rejected HD gaming and gone to house and pet keeping simulators, I'm glad some company is throwing money for these great developers from that country to develop great games.

It's really the games that define a console for me, and I think both the PS3 and 360 are getting a good share of titles this generation.  I wasn't interested in the Xbox because of the huge controller, the design wasn't exactly appealing, and also all the games made its way to PC in a more refined form.  I passed up the 360 for the first 1.5 years after launch because I thought it was going to be the same as the original Xbox.

As long as Microsoft keeps releasing jRPGs, I'm a customer.  This generation, I think I'm squarely in the PS360 HD console side.  I had a Wii for a month and just didn't care for it at all with the controls so I sold it.  The control scheme is new, but it needs some refining for next generation.  I love Nintendo, Mario, and Zelda, but with the new direction that Ninty is taking this generation, I really think MS and Sony are catering more to my wants as a gamer.  I may buy a Wii again when Tales of Symphonia 2 and the real Wii Zelda comes out.

So yeah, it's about the games, not the badge on the box I'm playing them on.  Pretty soon, I'll be building a PC too. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Around the Network

Heh. I don't care about JRPG, but I love WRPG and ARPG. For now and near future 360 is the box for them.

FinalEvangelion said:

So I have always Identified myself more on the Sony side.  Not so much because of a corporation, but because of the flagship titles.  I love Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and GT, but I don't like Gears and Halo at all.  That's what it seemed that all Xbox fans liked.  When Halo 3 came out (which I bought and sold a week later after beating it), everyone always asked me "How do you like Halo?" when I told that I owned the console.  I really bought it for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata - when the jRPGs were starting to roll out.

Now I'm playing Lost Odyssey again (took a hiatus during the university semester), and I love the game to death.  I'm as equally excited about Ninja Gaiden, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia.  While Japan has rejected HD gaming and gone to house and pet keeping simulators, I'm glad some company is throwing money for these great developers from that country to develop great games.

It's really the games that define a console for me, and I think both the PS3 and 360 are getting a good share of titles this generation.  I wasn't interested in the Xbox because of the huge controller, the design wasn't exactly appealing, and also all the games made its way to PC in a more refined form.  I passed up the 360 for the first 1.5 years after launch because I thought it was going to be the same as the original Xbox.

As long as Microsoft keeps releasing jRPGs, I'm a customer.  This generation, I think I'm squarely in the PS360 HD console side.  I had a Wii for a month and just didn't care for it at all with the controls so I sold it.  The control scheme is new, but it needs some refining for next generation.  I love Nintendo, Mario, and Zelda, but with the new direction that Ninty is taking this generation, I really think MS and Sony are catering more to my wants as a gamer.  I may buy a Wii again when Tales of Symphonia 2 and the real Wii Zelda comes out.

So yeah, it's about the games, not the badge on the box I'm playing them on.  Pretty soon, I'll be building a PC too. 

So.. twilight princess isn't real?

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

It's a real Zelda, but it's the second GC Zelda. Not the Wii Zelda, which was said to come sometime.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I think rpg's in general are better on the 360.
To me; achievements absolutely extend the gameplay experience/replayability of RPG's... Thus making the 360 the prime candidate for those games IMO.
... until Sony gets their accomplishments/Home in order.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Around the Network

@bdbdbd
you got a point with that

@OP
I don't think there is a problem with liming the Xbox 360 unless you are a die-har sony fanboy :P

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
@bdbdbd
you got a point with that

@OP
I don't think there is a problem with liming the Xbox 360 unless you are a die-har sony fanboy :P

I meant Liking x)

bdbdbd said:
Falcon095 said:
FinalEvangelion said:

So I have always Identified myself more on the Sony side. Not so much because of a corporation, but because of the flagship titles. I love Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, and GT, but I don't like Gears and Halo at all. That's what it seemed that all Xbox fans liked. When Halo 3 came out (which I bought and sold a week later after beating it), everyone always asked me "How do you like Halo?" when I told that I owned the console. I really bought it for Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata - when the jRPGs were starting to roll out.

Now I'm playing Lost Odyssey again (took a hiatus during the university semester), and I love the game to death. I'm as equally excited about Ninja Gaiden, Infinite Undiscovery, and Tales of Vesperia. While Japan has rejected HD gaming and gone to house and pet keeping simulators, I'm glad some company is throwing money for these great developers from that country to develop great games.

It's really the games that define a console for me, and I think both the PS3 and 360 are getting a good share of titles this generation. I wasn't interested in the Xbox because of the huge controller, the design wasn't exactly appealing, and also all the games made its way to PC in a more refined form. I passed up the 360 for the first 1.5 years after launch because I thought it was going to be the same as the original Xbox.

As long as Microsoft keeps releasing jRPGs, I'm a customer. This generation, I think I'm squarely in the PS360 HD console side. I had a Wii for a month and just didn't care for it at all with the controls so I sold it. The control scheme is new, but it needs some refining for next generation. I love Nintendo, Mario, and Zelda, but with the new direction that Ninty is taking this generation, I really think MS and Sony are catering more to my wants as a gamer. I may buy a Wii again when Tales of Symphonia 2 and the real Wii Zelda comes out.

So yeah, it's about the games, not the badge on the box I'm playing them on. Pretty soon, I'll be building a PC too.

It's a real Zelda, but it's the second GC Zelda. Not the Wii Zelda, which was said to come sometime.

What he said.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

One cool thing about the Wii is that the going rate for it doesn't drop. You can still sell it on ebay for $300+.

Namco Bandai keeps hinting that Tales of V and Eternal Sonata will end up on PS3 but until that happens the 360 does have some decent RPGs that the other systems don't.

Hum...I guess Fire Emblem is the only decent RPG on the Wii? That could be SRPG, though...I haven't played it yet.

Did you not like the Xbox 360 last gen?