By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Lol I can just imagine everyone torturing olimar by grabbing him and tossing him away from his precious pikmin. I can't wait to try him out though.

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Around the Network

@solracbrit

Ypu just may get your wish.
Anyone seen this???

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1199829091

Rumor: Resident Evil Character Joining Brawl
1/8/2008, 3:51pm Eastern Time

Apparently tired of shooting down and kicking around hordes of zombies and disgruntled villagers, Leon Kennedy might now be setting his sights on Mario and company in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The Internet Movie Database has credited voice actor Paul Mercier -- the voice of Wii and GameCube's Resident Evil 4 protagonist Leon Kennedy -- with contributing to Wii's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl in that same capacity. Whether Leon will be available as a playable fighter, an assist trophy or even in the game entirely has not been officially confirmed by Nintendo, the Smash Brothers web site or Mercier.

Until we hear confirmation of Leon's appearance in Brawl, we'll have to consider this an unverified -- but juicy -- rumor.

(mmh)

Source: IMDB

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

I'd still rather see Megaman,
but Mr. Paul Mercier is a pretty big telltale sign that Capcom is on board.

I want PacMan goddamnit!!!!!!!!
DK VS PACMAN
FOR ARCADE SUPREMACY!!!

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Thrillhouse said:
Whether Leon will be available as a playable fighter, an assist trophy or even in the game entirely has not been officially confirmed by Nintendo, the Smash Brothers web site or Mercier.

Surfer Girl has confirmed it, I assume. =P 

How would imdb have found out? Though it sounds interesting... Would he fit though? I mean, Snake was a pretty big stretch on his own.

Around the Network

Leon S Kennedy?? Considering how well RE does on Wii it would be appropriate.

But what would his moves be? Nintendo doesn't like bullets, so kick, stab, grenade, rocket launcher. Turns into a zombie for Final Smash??

If true, then Capcom is aboard and Megaman at least remains a possibility.

I really hope Capcom contributes a character and some assist trophies. They are my favorite third party company.
My top character choices:
1. Ryu-Represents entire fighting game genre. Would be awesome to play as.
A Button: physical attacks (punch, kick, etc.)
B Button: Hadouken
B-Up: Shoryuken (the uppercut)
B-Left/Right: Hurricane Kick
Final Smash: Custom Combo
2. Leon
Would be an excellent character, but probably too similar to Snake, though still possible.
3. Megaman
Also a great fit, he is Capcom's mascot, and you could easily make his moveset.

Thrillhouse said:
@solracbrit

Ypu just may get your wish.
Anyone seen this???

http://www.nintendojo.com/infocus/view_item.php?1199829091

Rumor: Resident Evil Character Joining Brawl
1/8/2008, 3:51pm Eastern Time

Apparently tired of shooting down and kicking around hordes of zombies and disgruntled villagers, Leon Kennedy might now be setting his sights on Mario and company in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The Internet Movie Database has credited voice actor Paul Mercier -- the voice of Wii and GameCube's Resident Evil 4 protagonist Leon Kennedy -- with contributing to Wii's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl in that same capacity. Whether Leon will be available as a playable fighter, an assist trophy or even in the game entirely has not been officially confirmed by Nintendo, the Smash Brothers web site or Mercier.

Until we hear confirmation of Leon's appearance in Brawl, we'll have to consider this an unverified -- but juicy -- rumor.

(mmh)

Source: IMDB

So you are saying that there might be a great possibility of Leon to be in Brawl? Well if that is true then Roy might be in brawl as well according to this link that is derived from the link you sourced: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0928380/

A Capcom rep a few weeks back confirmed they hadn't been approached by Nintendo for any characters in SSBB (specifically Mega Man). So don't count on it.

That's a damn interesting list on imdb that globster found. Don't click it as if it's right it's spoiling more new characters than just Leon.

I said don't cli... awww.. you just had to, didn't you?