By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Thoughts on Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

blue-lady said:
"To say that Banjo has completely abandoned its traditional platformer roots wouldn't quite be accurate. Our hero may have lost most of his moves in favor of his new toys, but he still has a trick or two up his sleeve. He can lift things up with Mumbo, climb poles, shimmy across tight ropes, grab onto ledges and hop around like a madman, to name a few of his talents. These will come into play more in the larger hub worlds."

Thats from an ign xbox reviewer. I think we will have to wait and see how the combination of the two works out, but overall im excited for the new content which i think will be way more interactive. They liken it to lego! who doesnt like lego?!!! lol

A few of is talents... He could climb pole, grab ledge and hop like a madman in the last games. I think they're going to remove pretty much everything (like egg throwing).

Lego might be great but building stuff with a controller is horrible. I find that building stages in SSBB is really tedious as it doesn't use the point and click capabilities of the Wiimote. Also, I never tries to customize my ship in Kingdom Hearts 1&2. I actually hate doing the flying levels. I doubt I will have the interest of playing a game with 80% vehicles.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Around the Network

This game is looking awesome, innovative and clever. As such, it is in every way a traditional Banjo title (as long as it retains the franchise's unique humour).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Frankly, here is why this game is meh from a hype perspective:

1. A lot of people hate vehicles being forced upon them. You can do just as much interesting stuff on the ground as you can do in a vehicle. It requires the learning of two control schemes, it requires that we get excited about "customizing" a vehicle. This is a platformer(we thought) us, the platforming audience, won't be as open to vehicles as the FPS audience. It's not just the same thing from a faster perspective. It's a more boring thing, from a dissapointing perspective.

3. The whole 80 percent thing really screws me up. In my head I think, platformer, cool, like em when they're really good, but not my favorite genre. Platformer with vehicles. Heh, alright. Well, they add some stuff in there to mix it up. Vehiclier with platforming. Eat me. No way in hell.

I agree. I loved the Banjo series, but I can't imagine very well with vehicles being dominant.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.