By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft selling old consoles as new?

endimion said:
well the french site doesn't give more source.... it's even weired i'm not sure the pack of refurbs are the same price... it's kind of hard to say from those articles..... anyway refurbishing product is not new.... now that they do it so obviously like that seems awkward.... I wonder if it's not the retailers doing that.. I wouldn't be surprised lol :) we are talking about french retailers here lol

Just because a retailer is French does not indicate they are corrupt. There actually isn't anything corrupt about this news as long as the box states it is a refurb.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I wouldn't doubt that this great package is used to get rid of older models so an old motherboard doesn't surprise me. But refurbished 360s? This would suck hard.

Kyros said:
I wouldn't doubt that this great package is used to get rid of older models so an old motherboard doesn't surprise me. But refurbished 360s? This would suck hard.

The old warranty sticker makes me think it is just old stock (maxconsole stated it was MS Repair Center sticker), as with having no HDMI. The part that gets me though is the markings on the case and blood inside the console (which I am very skeptical about anyways). 

Maybe they marked the old stock previously before they thought about selling it?

Anyone know when these go on sale?

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
endimion said:
well the french site doesn't give more source.... it's even weired i'm not sure the pack of refurbs are the same price... it's kind of hard to say from those articles..... anyway refurbishing product is not new.... now that they do it so obviously like that seems awkward.... I wonder if it's not the retailers doing that.. I wouldn't be surprised lol :) we are talking about french retailers here lol

Just because a retailer is French does not indicate they are corrupt. There actually isn't anything corrupt about this news as long as the box states it is a refurb.

hey i'm french i can chose to bash myhome retailers lol

Here is a Babblefish translation:

Microsoft treats to our mug. Not only with this monstrous history of boxing ring off death which has held them for 3 years, but quite simply because many packs be-saying new is in fact consoles d' occaz. A shame for this giant who practises these manners. Which surprises for us d' to open new blazing consoles, but d' occasion. The reasons are simple: such a return of ROD, that thousands of consoles are found piled up on standby to set out again for sale into nine. Thus astonishing to find consoles equipped d' hitachi 47, or having l' white label of the SAV, rather than the small silver plated band. You thus do not astonish by the price if enticing, better is worth to be turned over on the current packs to 199€ or 269€ without anything, which embarks falcons with BenQ reader. Logic-sunrise Information, which j' hope will guide you better!

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

there are in sale since today 15th ...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

oh and the source for the website is themselves apparently.

the blood quote is a guy in the comments that said he saw it with his own eyes...

oh and read on an other french site that the warranty is indeed 3 years here too (cool for me!!)

Hephaestos said:
there are in sale since today 15th ...

Then I guess we will know for sure soon enough.

Currently playing:

I m not going to say it is false but they dont being any evidence about what they are claiming (including the french website)

Time to Work !