By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft selling old consoles as new?

eNamrah said:
I doubt this is true, but if it is, could these units have the Opus motherboard that's been discussed? A "Falcon" generation motherboard in a Xenon case.

According to what I hear from people who live in Europe, this is ok to do just as long as it states it is a refurb on the box. They say they have been doing this with cellphones for quite a while now. So I don't think it exactly "illegal" which means it could actually be true.

When does this bundle come out?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

HAHAHA what did you expect form good o m$$$$

No source but I can already tell you it is 100% true (well maybe not leaving the sticker on part)

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

plzdontbanme said:

No source but I can already tell you it is 100% true (well maybe not leaving the sticker on part)

I linked to the source 2 posts up. Although it is in French.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

It is legal to sell a refurb unit anywhere, so long as it states somewhere that it is a refurb unit.

I'd be fine with a refurb so long as it came with the 3 year warranty on RRoD. In fact, I'd buy a refurb before I bought used.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

plzdontbanme said:

If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread, don't post.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

well the site says exactly what you said....

Though in the coments, some people say they even found blood in their consoles!!

""C'est pas une info récup sur le net.
ça s'appelle une experience vécue.
Samedi dernié j'ai vu un pack neuf se faire ouvrir,résultat:
-Pas de HDMI
-Trace de crayon dans la coque
-Sang dans la coque
-Ancien sticker de garantie
Si avec tout ca y veulent nous faire croire que c'est du neuf.""

There he says:
_no HDMI (normal if old stock)
_pen marks on the casing
_blood inside the casing
_old warranty sticker

I'm starting to get affraid (thoug the the no hdmi and old warranty sticker could coincide with old stock, the pen marks are odd and the blood is just crazy....)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

nordlead said:
It is legal to sell a refurb unit anywhere, so long as it states somewhere that it is a refurb unit.

I'd be fine with a refurb so long as it came with the 3 year warranty on RRoD. In fact, I'd buy a refurb before I bought used.

Same here, although the difference is that these are supposedly the version of the console that had a very high RRoD rate. I am not sure how well these will sell in Europe if this is true as quality is very important there from what I hear.

I was upset when I bought my Pro for $350 and then saw a Falcon model Pro at Gamestop used for $279.

Currently playing:

HDMI connection would be be a good indicator if they're refurbished or not...

The Opus SKU's don't have HDMI's

- Edited

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

well the french site doesn't give more source.... it's even weired i'm not sure the pack of refurbs are the same price... it's kind of hard to say from those articles..... anyway refurbishing product is not new.... now that they do it so obviously like that seems awkward.... I wonder if it's not the retailers doing that.. I wouldn't be surprised lol :) we are talking about french retailers here lol

Blood in the case? WTF? Anyway, if it comes with the 3-year warranty, no problem. Bonus if it's an Opus motherboard.