By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft selling old consoles as new?

Just read this at Maxconsole, he provides no source (as usual) but what do you all think?

MS selling old consoles as 'new' - buyers beware
French website logic-sunrise who is usually pretty clued up on these things indicates that Microsoft's new 199 Euro's Xbox 360 packs with 2 games and 2 wireless controllers are in fact OLD machines. After opening 10 of them, they found that the machines have been converted to new and all have non-falcon motherboards, old Hitachi 47 or Samsung MS25 drives and the repair center sticker on them. They suggest that you do not buy these packs and if you want a brand new machine, then fork out 199 Euro's for the arcade pack or 269 Euro's for the premium pack.

If this has been posted already or if I can not name other websites (Maxconsole does not allow this, although I don't understand why) please let me know.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

"...and the repair center sticker on them."

That's a pretty big oversight on Microsoft's part.

Arcturus said:
"...and the repair center sticker on them."

That's a pretty big oversight on Microsoft's part.

That is what I thought. I am going to try to find the source of this information and post it. That way it is more than just a a sourceless story.

Edit - I can't read a thing here. IF anyone can read in French?, it would be appreciated if they could find this article.

http://www.logic-sunrise.com/

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

yeah, I would think this is massively illegal if true and even MS wouldn't attempt it.

superchunk said:
yeah, I would think this is massively illegal if true and even MS wouldn't attempt it.

Although if indeed true that the consoles contain old motherboards as opposed to the newer Falcon model I would see this as being a true story.

I linked to the site that is supposed to contain this news, but I can't read French.

I am also hearing from a few people that as long as it is stated on the box that it is refurb it is ok to be sold in Europe. I do not think this is ok in the States though.

Currently playing:

Around the Network

Wow, not sure I'm going to believe this one though. That's just a little to much skulldrudgery on MS part.

rasone77 said:
Wow, not sure I'm going to believe this one though. That's just a little to much skulldrudgery on MS part.

If this is indeed false, can this site be in deep crap for slander? (Speaking of Logic-Sunrise)

Currently playing:

I just bought one from amazon.... didn't say anywhere that they were refurbished.... i'll read the article :/
(it's supposed to be a dump of Core stock as they shift to the new model for arcade...)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I doubt this is true, but if it is, could these units have the Opus motherboard that's been discussed? A "Falcon" generation motherboard in a Xenon case.

Found the original article by the way if anyone is interested in trying to read it. I know I can't.

http://www.logic-sunrise.com/news-6827-les-nouveaux-packs-xbox-360-de-demain-neuf-mais-d-occasion.html

Currently playing: