By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 Multiplayer Details!

During an interview with GameTrailers.com, Lead Designer of Gears of War, Cliff Bleszinski aka “Cliffy B,” gave some insight on what to expect from Gears of War 2. He didn’t reveal much, but my god, from what he did reveal it became clear this game is going to rock. A breakdown on what he said is shown below.

• Gears 2 will feature 5-on-5 multiplayer. There will also be more multiplayer maps and modes from straight out the box.
  • About executions:
    • Chainsaw duels can end in a draw, but only occasionally.
    • The curb stomp is back.
    • Players are no longer invulnerable when performing executions; a welcome addition.
    • Once a duel is over, the actual chainsawing is faster, making the entire duel last about as long as a normal chainsaw kill.
  • Players who are down and in need of reviving can now crawl away by pressing the “A” button rapidly.
  • Cliffy B is promising lots and lots of blood. The example he gave was Marcus will leave trails of blood on the wall when he is in cover while injured.
  • Players will be able to drive the new Centaur tank. He also said there will be more vehicle sections and not just a tank. Flying maybe? We hope so.
  • Carmine, yes Carmine, who in Cliffy B words is a “Fan Favorite,” will return in the sequel. He won’t say how or why, but he confirms that Carmine will be back. I wonder what tablets he took after that headache.

There you go. Not much, but what he did say leaves us wanting more; much more. Gears of War 2 will arrive this November exclusively on Xbox 360.

Full Article: http://xbox360.thegamereviews.com/story-953-Gears-of-War-2-Multiplayer-and-Singleplayer-Details-Emerge-.html

http://www.youtube.com/sweetlamakidsenior .....SSBB, Gears, GTA vids

Sweetlamakid got banned so it's now sweetlamakidsenior

"Good games come and go, but Gears is forever"

Around the Network

A challenge to Halo 3 and COD4 for multiplayer.

By the way, Im sure you will come out top in the achievements again :)

5 on 5 - So can anyone who likes the multiplayer tell us if thats a good number and how it would change the gameplay?

Good? Bad?

Tease.

Gears was never like battlefield it was always more in your face and small. The number of players in a game doesn't always equate to a better multiplayer experience.

FaRmLaNd said:
Gears was never like battlefield it was always more in your face and small. The number of players in a game doesn't always equate to a better multiplayer experience.

Yea, but I was wondering was it slightly too few before? Just right?

5 does feel pretty good actually, it seems to fit the style. But I never played it online so thats why I was asking.

5 can make you feel aight? :P

Tease.

Around the Network

For the style of game that Gears is, small teams such as 4/4 5/5 work the best.

Ya Shern Foo I will=]

Anything more than 5-5 is obnoxious because if Epic is keeping the maps about the same size as Gears 1 (theres a gridlock remake in Gears 2) then anything more than 10 people total in a game is too crowded and this game is tatical not all out war.

http://www.youtube.com/sweetlamakidsenior .....SSBB, Gears, GTA vids

Sweetlamakid got banned so it's now sweetlamakidsenior

"Good games come and go, but Gears is forever"

Squilliam said:
5 on 5 - So can anyone who likes the multiplayer tell us if thats a good number and how it would change the gameplay?

Good? Bad?

Personally I always felt the max players in GOW should be 6 so 5 is a welcome addition. Im a huge fan of the online of GOW1 and the game is suited for small skirmishes and not 16-80 man battles. I would be glad with 4/5 or 6 players in GOW multi but no more.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Well epic are masters at good multiplayer so im sure that everyone will be happy.

Tease.

I think the carmine bit will probably be a flash back mission (hopefully elaborating on events that lead up to Emergence day).